Sign in to follow this  

Decided on a bike

Ok so I have finally decided on a bike. I will be taking my 97 CR125 engine and dropping it in a 02+ frame. I just have a few questions on the swap. I realize the cases will have to be drilled out to accept the larger swing arm bolt. What parts interchange over to the newer bike. I will not put the 97 suspension over, i will have new suspension. But things like the pipe, which one do i have to use, ignition, silencer, kickstart lever, will rims change over, and brakes?

Thanks for the help you guys.

some swaps make perfect sense. for example cr500 into aluminum 250 frame. yours however has me scratching my head. might be on your own to figure it out

some swaps make perfect sense. for example cr500 into aluminum 250 frame. yours however has me scratching my head. might be on your own to figure it out

I agree, I like mine!

As far as the 125 swap, it sounds like a great idea if you already have the two bikes side by side. If not, you could be in for quite a challenge. Building a bike from parts only can be really expensive and you end up buying stuff you didn't need or stuff that was totally wrong, it adds up quick. Don't ask me how I know that...:smashpc:👍

Hey cool then you gonna take an 02+ and drop it in your 97 while your at it?:smashpc:

I know some of you think this swap is worthless but I need another project. I already have the 97 engine with a fresh top end and cylinder replating and plan on buying a blown or tired 02+ cr125. I remember reading a thread on here about it but cannot find it. I'll probably put a new top end in the 02+ engine an keep as a spare.

Thanks for the help guys.