beating the dead horse

i have a 2012 200 xcw and i know its only a matter of time before i smash my pipe.. so i was wondering whats the best pipe silencer combo ,,i want a all around gain dont want to loose any power any where..im sure this has been on here before but i found nothing

most pipes make one place shine and take a little away from the other. i ran fmf gnarly with a powercore 2 which gave it more grunt but took a little off top. i personally like the way the stocker hits the best but they are pop-can thin. i wraped my gnarly around the tree and that wreck would have bent any pipe, so when my stocker is completely ruined im going with a fatty. my stocker has a few nice dents and is somewhat wraped back twords my frame and skidplate. so its in my near future

iv noticed that more people tend to go with the fmf's but the pc people are die hard pro-circuit fans. only xp i have with the pc is i put one on my old '89 kx80 bigwheel, i had the platinum with the 304 silencer i think its called really couldnt tell you much about it. but fmf does work with ktm parts so maybe theres a reason? im not sure tho

iv noticed that more people tend to go with the fmf's but the pc people are die hard pro-circuit fans. only xp i have with the pc is i put one on my old '89 kx80 bigwheel, i had the platinum with the 304 silencer i think its called really couldnt tell you much about it. but fmf does work with ktm parts so maybe theres a reason? im not sure tho

yeah thats a good point ... if ktm uses them for hard parts its prob a better choice

i felt like the stock pipe was so thin that a cf guard really wouldnt do anything to keep it from bending, maybe from dents and dings.

I dented my nice new looking Gnarly Sat. Must have hit pretty hard, creased it about a 1/2" deep for about 2" long. A guard may have helped, but a guard also transfers the energy somewhere else and could break something else, such as the flange. I will take a few dents, run it till it needs fixin, get it fixed, and keep on truckin.

best is personal preference, riding style, terrain, etc. many things play into what is "best" for each of us. I keep a couple of silencers depending on the power characteristics I want. I used to keep a shorty, stock late model, and a hockey stick. That gave me everything from a real bark down low to a smooth long power delivery.

I choose the Gnarly because it fits the way and terrain I ride. The dent I got Sat would have probably been a hole in a stock pipe.

i clipped a tree 3rd gear in the gas with my buster, caught the curve in my gnarly pushed it back into my skid and left a 3 inch long dent from where the skid hit and bent the neck of the pipe with a cf guard, it also got to my shift shaft and bent it too. I think ill try a fatty, i like the hit better than the gnarly and you can bend a pipe no matter what guage of steel it is.

Regarding silencers...

I run the stocker most of the time. It's quiet and slender...kinda the way I like a woman.?

When I race an event requiring a sparky (enduro) I put on a Q Stealth. It's larger that the stocker with about the same noise level...not too loud for normal running.

Getting the revs up into the power brings out a sharp bark on the stocker...a bit raspy even...and the Q Stealth just wails!:smashpc:

-Jay

so u like the q stealth over the tc2? whats the difference in the 2?

Good question. I have only used the Q...so, I'm not any help with a direct comparo with the TC2. However...the Q Stealth has a bigger (fatter) can that holds more packing material. It's supposed to be quieter than the TC2 and allow more time between repacks.

It's very quiet down low...it only wails at WFO on the pipe!

-Jay