Sign in to follow this  

hard starting 04 kx250f

please help . i cant get my bike to start easy. shims are good valve adjustment was done then i rode e-town and half way through the day it was getting hard to start . please what could it be . when it does start it wont idle

sounds like intake valves. i know you said you just shimmed them, but you may want to check them again. my sons' kx250f needed the valves shimmed, (so i thought). once i put them back in spec 5 riding hours later it wouldnt start again, i checked valves and had to re-shim again, the next time we got 2-3 hours, then they tightened up again. now i am replacing the valves and getting the seats cut to prevent a major meltdown before we drop a valve. if you are still running the titanium valves (stock) and the stock steel seats, you can go through a set of valves in 30 hours or less of hard motocross riding from what i hear. i am going to kibblewhite stainless valves to get more time out of them, even at the cost of losing a small amount of performance.

hey thanks so far i went over the carb and the accelerater pump was blocked up and main jet was clogged too but still hard starting after clearing it up also motosport has kibblewhite intake valves for 10 bucks on clearance