Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a KLX650R

I joined here over 2 years ago when I got the itch to get a bike after getting a divorce. I was looking for a Honda but this KLX fit my budget and I went for it. I finally decided to just buy something to get my feet wet. It's a 93 and a little rough but seems to run great. I haven't had the chance to ride it except for around the block, since I don't have any gear yet. After 27 years of not being on a dirt bike it felt weird and familiar at the same time. Here's a bad pic:

2011-10-02_17-08-12_189.jpg

You might want to join klx 650 owners group on yahoo. They have a lot of information on these bikes.

well, we can find out stuff together..Mine is a bit taken apart..I did get a brand new Super Trapp muffler with the bike. Just need to fix the valves and she's ready..Also want to dump this ugly freeking Acerbis fuel tank!

The yahoo group is pretty awesome! Not sure I will ever post here again seeing as though I have a thread with 57 views and 0 replies. Really people?

Yeah so check out the yahoo group and ADVrider also has a pretty active (more than this pile anyways) KLX650 specific thread, with a lot of R and C owners.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159970

Just go to the end for the newest stuff, obviously.

Mine was all apart when I got it. I got it put back together today but haven't started it yet

I just got on with advrider..easy enough..yahoogroups is confusing and I have to play with it a bit more.

Anyway..I guess that monster, ugly tank my bike came with is the sh**! I guess I'll keep that green marshmallow looking thing for long planned trips.

Yeah the big acerbis tanks don't look to great on the bike, but man that extra fuel is killer though.

Fogo on the ADVrider forums and a bunch of other guys got acerbis to do a new run of them.

I read his thread this morning..inspirational for sure..Funny, I have an 18 yo named Aaron too..named after me, but he doesnt have any interest in bikes at all..

I found a stock tank with shrouds in another state,,guy wants $200 pluss shipping..I'll keep looking..that just sounds a little too steep to me, but I could be wrong.

Do you have a pic of the tank? I'd be willing to trade however my tank is a little faded and one of the shrouds are cracked.

I can get one to you..I'll shoot you a P.M. with my email or my phone number, if you can receive text photos..Thought about selling the thing on ebay, but I noticed the group of riders on the KLX650 is a small but dedicated group.

anyway..check your P.M. EagleFreek..

Congrats. I just hope you don't need to ask any questions here, because you might not get a reply. 👍

True,It seems KLR people on this site dont offer up much advice,but "its better to remain silent,and be thought a fool,than to speak,and remove all doubt."

(Quote By our Good Friend Abe Lincoln)

I just come here to read,theres tons of KLR stuff in other places anyway.

But this is one of the best Motorcycle sites I feel.

I have owned a FL plated "R" for about 8 months and I love it to death. I ride it to work every single day. Like stated before the yahoo group is about the only support to be found for these old gems. These KLR guys wouldnt know what to do with a REAL dirtbike:lol:. Although parts are kind of hard to come by, I wouldnt trade my KLX for any other bike on the road. This thing is just to much damn fun.