Sign in to follow this  

Another LTZ mod question

So I was over at the Z400 forum looking for advice on jetting and the like. What a bunch of dicks over there. So much attitude. Anyhoo, i was looking for the correct jetting for this:

-sea level

-Athena 440 (no other engine mods)

-stock carb and jetting (would like to use 3x3 modded DRZ BSR carb)

-Bills pipe slip on

-K&N

Also, I noticed that the 3X3 mod is not mentioned on the LTZ/KFX sites. Can this be done? Will the DRZ carb fit?

What happened is that I bought a complete 440 engine and will be swapping it out.

Thanks in advance:worthy:

Yeah a bunch of young kids who think they know it all, smart azzes. but any way, you want a starting point for a LTZ 400 big bore kit? I would start at 170main, 25pilot, alba adjustable needle (3rd clip) mikuni fuel screw 2 1/2 turns out. lid off or k&n power lid. Remember this is a starting point which means your gonna have to play with the jetting and have lots of patience. good luck

stock carb on a 440 ?? who does that ? almost all ltz's with that much motor bump up to a 39mm carb

stock carb on a 440 ?? who does that ? almost all ltz's with that much motor bump up to a 39mm carb

Very true^^^^ This dude knows his chit when it comes to a ltz400. I had a fcr39 on my ltz

I just want to get the quad running for as little money as possible right now. I plan on installing an FCR but would rather wait till the spring. Is the Alba needle necessary?

If you plan on getting an FCR in the spring then I would just get a main/pilot jet just to get you through the fall/winter. You will be fine with the stock needle.