Sign in to follow this  

Red Light on Instrument cluster...

Anyone know what the red light means on the instrument cluster. It did eventually go away, but should I be worried...

~Hutch

mines never come on, but i would assume that the only red light would be the coolant temp warning light. had the bike been idleing for a long time when it happened? It could be a cause for concern, but im not quite sure what would cause it. maybe your radiator fan is broken? maybe your water pump isnt functioning as it should, etc.

Anyone know what the red light means on the instrument cluster. It did eventually go away, but should I be worried...

~Hutch

i suggest you investigate the cause of the ' Red light ' ASAP next time it occurs , waiting for it to go away can turn out to be expensive

The red light is the hot coolant temp warning light, comes on when the bike gets hot. Did you hear your electric fan start? Mine has only done it a few times and usually goes off shortly after the fan starts.

High coolant temperature indicator. Make sure your coolant is topped off. If you can't remember when you changed it last, change it. If you ran the bike with the light on for a while, I'd change the oil too... Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the input, I will definitely be changing the oil and flushing the coolant. Might have asked too much of her this past weekend...

again thx...

Thanks everyone for the input, I will definitely be changing the oil and flushing the coolant. Might have asked too much of her this past weekend...

again thx...

slow single track has been known to over heat a few bikes, were you riding tight trails?

i visual inspection of the coolant will answer some questions as well. pop the cap off and take a look. ether way id drain and replace with engine ice

slow single track has been known to over heat a few bikes, were you riding tight trails?

i visual inspection of the coolant will answer some questions as well. pop the cap off and take a look. ether way id drain and replace with engine ice

Yes, I was riding rough trails this past weekend, was raining and muddy at some spots. There were a few steep high grade hill sections too...

I have regular coolant, maybe I will grab some engine ice instead...