Sign in to follow this  

250 A/B Stroke Count Poll

In this class only, what is the ratio between four-strokes and two-strokes in your series? In my area there are actually 60/40 two-four strokes. However, the 250 C/D class is almost all four-strokes. I know it is pretty much established that a two-stroke 250 is harder to ride and a faster bike, but at what point does a rider figure out he is better off on the 250 two-stroke? Trying to keep it technique related in addition to the intial question.

Everywhere I have been (VS Mega Series and a couple local tracks), it is almost all 4 strokes in the A/B class. There was one 250T in the 250A class at the last race, but he got last against the 250F's. I do not really see an advantage in riding a 250 2 stroke. I switched from a 250F to a 250T thinking I would take advantage of the extra power but I ended up back on a 250F after about a year. The 2 stroke takes alot more effort to ride fast and wears you down very quickly. I can ride the 4 stroke for a much longer period of time without getting tired. Dont get me wrong, 2 strokes are very fun bikes to ride, but in a racing scenario I still see it as a disadvantage to race a 2 stroke, even with the current equal displacement rules. Just my opinion, I dont want to hear from anyone how wrong my opinion is or how I am an idiot. Its what works for me and a whole lot of other people, otherwise everyone would be back on a 2 stroke.