Sign in to follow this  

1985 xr350

Ok so I just scored a low hours, low miles, 1985 xr 350. Im the second owner. Every layer I peel back is just awsome. This thing is in great shape! There is no damage. Well alittle, but its a 26 year old dirt bike. I just pulled the carb off to clean and inspect. I noted that it is currently jetted 50/150. The only aftermarket part on the bike is a super trapp. I live at sea level. Ive never owned a 4 stroke before so, does this sound like its a good jet setting? I havent yet taken the super trapp apart to count discs. This thing doesnt rattle or leak Im so happy. I cant wait to take it out for our first flogging. :smashpc:

Ok so Im assuming that it must be just fine. cool thanks guys! your wealth of info.

In the distant past, I owned 2 '85 XR350s. Altitude here varies from around 500-1000 feet, 152/52 worked well for me, fuel screw 2 - 2 1/2 turns out from seated.

Ok so I just scored a low hours, low miles, 1985 xr 350. Im the second owner. Every layer I peel back is just awsome. This thing is in great shape! There is no damage. Well alittle, but its a 26 year old dirt bike. I just pulled the carb off to clean and inspect. I noted that it is currently jetted 50/150. The only aftermarket part on the bike is a super trapp. I live at sea level. Ive never owned a 4 stroke before so, does this sound like its a good jet setting? I havent yet taken the super trapp apart to count discs. This thing doesnt rattle or leak Im so happy. I cant wait to take it out for our first flogging. :smashpc:

That is in the ballpark jetting if memory serves. I think I'm 50/152 with Uni filter/headers/XR's Only exhaust (supertrapp)

I just got sent the owners manual by a very kind gentleman on here. Have the original shop manual and a copy of 1985 Dirt RIder magazine comparison test with a KTM (didn't know they were around then!) and Husky (I think). Very cool. :smashpc:

I've got a 1985 xr350 frame thats been sanded and primed if your interested, pm me, those speedometers are worth a mint, I've got one of those also

Thank you for the offer on the frame and speedo. Tho, Im not in any need of them. This bike is in awsome shape. There is virtually no damage and Im loving it. Im going riding tomaro. I cant wait. 👍