Sign in to follow this  

Radiator Guards????

they are called louvers. Loo-vers

come to think of it.....i haven't ever seen any after market ones either.

god bless you man!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah now that i know what they are called i found out that from OEM they are called Radiator Grilles but i cant find any aftermarket ones but i did find some sick graphics you can put on them!

I know for some of the newer bike you can get aluminum ones I found em by searching radiator braces

yeah now that i know what they are called i found out that from OEM they are called Radiator Grilles but i cant find any aftermarket ones but i did find some sick graphics you can put on them!

The OEM plastic piece that you had a pic of are usually identified by the name louver. In some cases they are refereed to as grilles.

When you look for aftermarket louvers will will more likely find aluminum guards instead of the louver itself. The Guard will let in the airflow just like the louver but will guard against branches,rocks,debris damaging the fins of the radiator.

With a louver you can get louver decals as you suggested but when you replace the louver with a guard then you cant get decals cause the decals would interfere with the air-flow and cooling properties.

Also all Louvers will come in plastic cause they will have to be flexible in order to fit them in the notches and hole of the rad. If they were solid like aluminum then in order to get them on the front of the rad you would have to spread apart the ends of the rad to get it in and ten bend it back to get it to hold.