Sign in to follow this  

Honda 2003 honda 400 trx please help

:smashpc: took clutch basket cover off and found cthe basket heated up and basically welded it self to the transmission shaft. i tried heating it up and banging on it also tried a puller on it. Please help me im beating my head over it

The inner or outer clutch basket?

Frist remove all (5) 10mm clutch press plate bolts and clutch spring

Remove clutch press plate and clutch pin

Remove all clutch frictions disc and steel plates

Remove the 18mm nut and lock washer and washer

Then both the inner or outer clutch basket come out

Edited by shspvr

shspvr

i was not registered on this site yet so my buddy but the above problem on here for now i am registered. everything you mention has been taking out execpt the part of the clutch basket with the gear that is pop rivited on the basket that will not slide off as it is suppose to. i have tried heating and a puller. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. because i dont want to cut it off if i dont have to.. so if there is an eaiser way to remove pleas advise. thank again

There is one other possable you may need undo crankshaft nut and pull oil pump gear frist sometime that gear will just be a tab bit bigger then clutch drive gear or it tab off which will not let clutch basket slide out.

Put frist gear look at the inner shaft and turn outer clutch basket if the inner shaft dose not move with outer clutch basket then not sized up.

There is one other possable you may need undo crankshaft nut and pull oil pump gear frist sometime that gear will just be a tab bit bigger then clutch drive gear or it tab off which will not let clutch basket slide out.

Put frist gear look at the inner shaft and turn outer clutch basket if the inner shaft dose not move with outer clutch basket then not sized up.

When using the puller the clutch gear broke and the shaft moves freely. The only thing left on the shat is the sleeve and the half broken clutch gear. And nothing will slide off

When using the puller the clutch gear broke and the shaft moves freely. The only thing left on the shat is the sleeve and the half broken clutch gear. And nothing will slide off

Wow that is odd

so do you have any idea on how to cut off. then i can polish trans shaft with like 2000 grit

Can you post a few close up picture of this.

What I'm think is maybe you able to use a grinder to cut more then 2/3 of round sleeve off two side of the round sleeve then re-heat it sleeve which allow it expand more.

600 to 800 grit is good enougth