Sign in to follow this  

Oil Filler Cap

Hi

Had a gut full of use a large screw driver to take the oil filler cap off and on.

Brillant Idea to say the least :smashpc:

Just want to get a feel of what people may have changed it to and what type. Use to have an RMX250 1998 and you could use your fingers to remove it. Ahh was that nice. Would like to go the same way but haven't found anything yet.

Cheers

Hi

Had a gut full of use a large screw driver to take the oil filler cap off and on.

Brillant Idea to say the least :smashpc:

Just want to get a feel of what people may have changed it to and what type. Use to have an RMX250 1998 and you could use your fingers to remove it. Ahh was that nice. Would like to go the same way but haven't found anything yet.

Cheers

I usually change my oil in my garage where i have tools....

you need to bust out the sockets to change the oil anyways, whats the big deal about grabbing a screw driver while your at it?

dont see how this is a problem?

i use a large screwdriver. try smacking it with the handle a few times if it's being stubborn.

I usually change my oil in my garage where i have tools....

you need to bust out the sockets to change the oil anyways, whats the big deal about grabbing a screw driver while your at it?

dont see how this is a problem?

This.

motion pro makes a nice Y-shaped tool that has three different sizes of blade to fit all of the plugs on the engine. It fits both of the timing plugs and the oil filler plug, and it fits WAY better than a screwdriver. Personally I prefer to install the pro-circuit engine plug kit so you can use normal tools on those parts.

It's not a problem using a big screw driver is more a pain in the a#se, especially when it's tight.

Yes I do oil changes at home with tools, but after one ride I had cracked the crank case and was leaking oil, luckily didn't have far to go, but if I needed a top up I wouldn't be able to take it off.

I'll check the KX cap

Cheers

Thanks Mate, good find!

Kpphotos: I feel your pain. Slotted screws were a bad idea from the start. I think of them as being so 60s. Now that we are cutting edge technology, let's get rid of that old sloted head crapola!.

Now, does the "NEW WORKS CONNECTION OIL FILLER PLUG KLX450R 08-09" come in green?