Sign in to follow this  

Arm pump cure

Ok, so I get to the private track before my riding buddies, so I grab a shovel to smooth out a couple lines on a jump face or two. I'm a numb skull, so by the time I am done the palm of my right hand, particularly by my thumb is raw. I got to riding and it is sore, having full waffle grips doesn't help. I get done riding for the day and have a blister in the sore spot and realize I haven't had arm pump all day. Usually the arm pump isn't too bad, but my right hand gets worn out, not today.

So what do I do next time? Shovel my hand raw, maybe stick a cuckle burr inside the palm of my glove? Maybe I will just learn something. I didn't feel like I had any less control today riding with a loose grip.

That is all.

my hands used to get really sore after a full day of building dirt jumps with my buddy's ,after we would test them on our mtb bikes and i would have a hard time holding on but after a while my hands got used to it and i built up some calluses

Ok, so I get to the private track before my riding buddies, so I grab a shovel to smooth out a couple lines on a jump face or two. I'm a numb skull, so by the time I am done the palm of my right hand, particularly by my thumb is raw. I got to riding and it is sore, having full waffle grips doesn't help. I get done riding for the day and have a blister in the sore spot and realize I haven't had arm pump all day. Usually the arm pump isn't too bad, but my right hand gets worn out, not today.

So what do I do next time? Shovel my hand raw, maybe stick a cuckle burr inside the palm of my glove? Maybe I will just learn something. I didn't feel like I had any less control today riding with a loose grip.

That is all.

Since your hands were sore, you weren't holding on so tight = less armpump

Exactly. Use your legs to hold the bike. Arms to do the steering and clutch/brake. Of all the riding tips out there, none beats buy gas.......ride more!

the shoveling warmed up your forearms. do you first moto at a slower pace and not as long. and yes dont hold on so tight and always stay in proper body position.

The post was written with sarcasm. I realize the sore palm caused me to not grip so tightly. I didn't notice the sore palm after riding a while and was a little surprised the looser grip didn't effect me negatively at all. I hope I have the confidence to ride this way without the blister.

Getting your'e heart rate up before a moto or ride will substantially reduce arm pump, also warming up or tiring your fore arms before a ride helps with arm pump