Sign in to follow this  

Clutch slipping/not engaging fully. Just installed Rekluse

Heres the situation: today while riding, I came upon a pretty nasty uphill. I was in first gear on the throttle pretty hard. Then, about halfway up the hill I noticed that when I got on the throttle the bike wouldn't have any more power. I played around with it a little more when I got farther down the trail and noticed the same thing. When I reved the bike it was as if the clutch wasn't engaging completely (it was like this in any gear).

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure it is an issue with the cluthc. I installed a Rekluse EXP about a month ago and have several rides on it with no problems in the past.

If anyone has an idea whats going on I need some help...Thanks all!

-Aaron

If you don't get a lot of response here you might want to post this in the "General Discussion" forum. I know there are a lot of guys here on TT that run the Rekluse and can help you out.

Heres the situation: today while riding, I came upon a pretty nasty uphill. I was in first gear on the throttle pretty hard. Then, about halfway up the hill I noticed that when I got on the throttle the bike wouldn't have any more power. I played around with it a little more when I got farther down the trail and noticed the same thing. When I reved the bike it was as if the clutch wasn't engaging completely (it was like this in any gear).

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure it is an issue with the cluthc. I installed a Rekluse EXP about a month ago and have several rides on it with no problems in the past.

If anyone has an idea whats going on I need some help...Thanks

-Aaron

I think you need to readjust your clutch cable. If it's an EXP, it's simply done on the perch.

Oh, yes you are. You need to have free play at anything above the engagement rpm. Run the engine up to around 3K, there should be free play there.

Read the instructions again.

man, I would talk to rekluse. they have pretty good tech support. it could be anything from external adjustments to plate spacing internally to the oil your using. mine broke a clutch plate and was not smoothly moving the plates on the hubs, burned the heck out of the plates. slipping like yours.

Clutch plates wear. Gaps change. That freeplay isnt a set and forget deal. It will need to be checked from time to time to make sure it to spec.