Sign in to follow this  

Info for 2011 250sxf/350sxf owners

Just wanted to put some points together to help new 250 and 350 owners not have any issues :

* install the 2012 tps cover " which Stops water getting into your tps during washing which I suspect is the cause of most of the issues that are reported Especially in wet places like the uk "

* install the 2012 inline filter as a second linE of defense against dirt in your tank the first line "which i think is the most important mod" of defense should be the split stream aftermarket filter that is placed in the tank has a very fine mesh and Is very cheap it will keep dirt away from the fuel pump and the inline filter which seems to be prone to getting clogged.

* the stock intake is a good design but is vunrable to having dirt fall into it during filter cleaning I would reccommend the loudmouth intake as it has a lot better seal and the crisper throttle performance is a bonus.

* get the bearing recall done if you vin is affected.

* The ktm tanks "might according to a mechanic during a ktm meeting" suffer from a chemical Reaction with petrol causing a jelly like substance to clog the fuel pump and injectors .. Recommended fix is to Fill the new bikes tank with gas and let it sit for a day or two then empty it out completely .

* ktm has released a warning to dealers about Not using petrol with an ethenol percentage above 10% , and to abide by the engine break in that is in the manual due to an issue which I have forgotten I think it had something to do with the cam shaft.

* if you have all this done and still get a problem with the bike change your sparkplug cap

* These are ONLY precautions I have a 2011 250sxf with a full season of 100% dunes and I have none of the issues that that have been reported And the bike iS a big improvement over my 2009 crf250r.

Edited by baracuda
addition

your right about the chemical reaction in the tank, I got told about it aswell but my dealer cleaned it out for me before I picked the bike up witch was nice and what is that loud mouth intake you are talking about?? what is it hows it different to OEM

It uses a thread clamp which has a better seal and it makes changing filters alot easier It also does not have a backfire screen that's how it flows more air than the stock filter.

I think it will save the injectors if it's a small bit of dirt or just delay issuses if there is a lot of dirt in the tank until it gets clogged .