Sign in to follow this  

Florida Bithlo's new track

Bithlo has a new lay out and for those who like big jumps there are plenty, including what looks like a 100ft table to table. I'm going Wednesday night and I'll take some video.

Went Sunday. I'm not a fan of the new layout. There are a few jumps, like the big table to table, that take away from the flow the previous layout had.

Besides the table to table in the middle there is a table to single coming out of the back. The table part is really short for the speed you can carry coming from the back so you have to slam on the brakes if you don't jump the whole thing. The landing between the table and single is really steep.

I don't see the reasoning behind some of the jumps they added. Just fill in the gaps and make them long tables, the fast guys can jump the whole thing if they want. Everyone else can land wherever without worrying about coming up short.

Susan said they are making more changes to the back section this week. I think you'll see them by Wednesday.

Same old sand? They really need to try something different with that dirt. Tired of blowing motors when we go to that place. Flow does help a lot in sand though.

"They really need to try something different with that dirt"

Back in the day I talked to Lou about this and I've talked to Wally too.

Think if they mixed all the dirt up (between the front and back) then laid it out and packed it down as they go, it would be an awesome track.

But hey I'm just some old engineer that researched (talked to many track builders in TX and Fl) track building back from the Compound days and do think I know "something" about dirt (especially what kind taste good in a face plant or two):smashpc:.

Don:thumbsup:

I agree with your opinion on those two jumps. I think with feedback from riders they will make small changes (they have in the past). It's a challenging track and it pushes people to progress unlike many other tracks. The dirt is the same. You might want to shift more if your blowing engines.

Most detonation occurs under load, I am putting race fuel only in the bikes so this would help a lot. He's more experienced now and knows how to keep it in the meat of the power.

I'm just a bit apprehensive in running over 16 to 1 compression in that stuff.

I know what you mean. My 250 was running pretty lean on Sunday with the cooler temps. I'm going up at least one position on the needle and one size for the main jet.

Dam, somebody needs to smash that skeeter and put it out of its missery:lol:.

I see nothing special about that layout and they tried that double TT before and if I remember correctly several people came up short while they had it and it quickly disappeared.

Don:thumbsup:

I dont think you should change the layout of a track because people get hurt on it...it's their own damn fault for trying something that they shouldnt.

I dont think you should change the layout of a track because people get hurt on it...it's their own damn fault for trying something that they shouldnt.

True, but how many A riders are there really that can safely jump those jumps? A hand full at most show up to practice regularly. Besides, the A riders don't pay the bills that keep the track open, it's everyone else.

Like I said earlier, they can fill in the gaps and make them long tables. If the fast guys want to jump them there's no difference they are in the air over the whole thing anyway. It would however make the track safer and flow better for everyone else.

Don't worry Dave, there will still be plenty of work for you. :smashpc:

Looky here, who comes outta the bushes, our pal old DB!!!!!!!!👍🤣

I thought he was "Blind in TX" (I know DB won't get that!!!:smashpc:)

As 287 says, the A guys don't foot the majority of the track take (that's $$$$ to you folks that don't understand old fart lingo).

It's all relative!!!

don:thumbsup:

Don, the table to table is much bigger than the old one. It's at least 100ft.

Took a quick video with my phone of the new layout. Dirt sucks but those table to table jumps are sick.

Why does everyone complain about the dirt at Bithlo? Do people complain about Southwick and Lommel? Man up and give it some gas!!!

Why does everyone complain about the dirt at Bithlo? Do people complain about Southwick and Lommel? Man up and give it some gas!!!

Its all good Moto t, I just wish they would mix some of that Georgia Clay in there. :smashpc: