Sign in to follow this  

2005 DRZ 400 SM jetting...??

Hey every one,

it's probably often discussed here but I couldn't find anything matching my poblem.

I've got an 05 DRZ 400SM and put a Yoshimura complete RS2 System on, now the poblem is that when you accelerat in second to 5th gear the bike has like a turbo hole, first nothing happens and then it wakes up a little bit but then there is also absolutly no top end!

The jetting is most stock with a 145 main jet, no airbox modification.

My idea was to put the clip one spot up, so the needle goes further down and it would be leaner in the beginning of acceleration.

What do you mean? Do you have any tipps?

thank you very much

You should probably cut the 3X3 hole and rejet again, or put the stock exhaust back on. You only did half of the equation.

155 main at least --- jetting is an art and a science.

Watch out for the jet kits --- they might not have all the jets u need.

thanks so far for the answers, now I'm little worried with the bigger main jet, the yoshimura instruction paper sais 145 main jet, so what is the reason to go richer?

That may be what is required for running a stock airbox, I don't know. When you cut the 3X3 it will allow in more air which needs to be compensated with more fuel. In order to get the full potential out of the pipe, you should make the mods and get it over with. You will be very happy you did this in the long run.

Hey every one,

it's probably often discussed here but I couldn't find anything matching my poblem.

I've got an 05 DRZ 400SM and put a Yoshimura complete RS2 System on, now the poblem is that when you accelerat in second to 5th gear the bike has like a turbo hole, first nothing happens and then it wakes up a little bit but then there is also absolutly no top end!

The jetting is most stock with a 145 main jet, no airbox modification.

My idea was to put the clip one spot up, so the needle goes further down and it would be leaner in the beginning of acceleration.

What do you mean? Do you have any tipps?

thank you very much

So have you installed a JD jet kit??? You are talking about changing the clip position so maybe you have?? The stock needle has no clip adjustment..

Do the 3x3 mod...For open pipe at near sea level to 3,000ft..

#160 main jet

jd blue

clip 4

22.5 pilot jet with extended screw or 25 pilot jet with stock screw

2.75 turns

Thanks for the information, I'll try your modification on Friday and let you know if that was the problem. I don't have the JD Kit, but one from FMF that I bought a year ago, it's also for the DRZ Mikuni carbs.

Thanks so far.

Thanks for your help! It's sprinting from low rpms like a cougar, but still leaks in top end, but I'll shift a little bit earlier so it works...