Sign in to follow this  

best fork options for 01cr250?

Would it be worth it to get the front end set-up from a late model CR/CRF 250/450 or just to get my 01 forks re-valved

I ride the J-day series wich is 1/4 MX 1/2 woods 1/4 Gnarly( telephone poles, boulders and other obsticles)

i realize suspension is going to be give and take here as woods vs mx vs Gnarr is all different set-ups but for the most part i need somthing better than what im runniong now

my rear shock is from a 2008 crf450 set up by Factory connection for a 170lbs class a rider in MX ( it has about 40 clicker adjustment on the compression and 20 on the rebound ) so its very adjustable ( got this from a buddy for $140 so i couldn't pass it up :smashpc:)

my forks ar stock 01cr250 set-up for MX 185lbs rider thats all i know about them

thanks for any help

You can just re-valve the '01 forks as they are essentially the same as the CRF forks. The problem will be balancing them with the shock. It sounds like you mostly ride off-road and you have MX valving in the shock. To get the best ride, you'll need to re-work both ends at the same time.

You can just re-valve the '01 forks as they are essentially the same as the CRF forks. The problem will be balancing them with the shock. It sounds like you mostly ride off-road and you have MX valving in the shock. To get the best ride, you'll need to re-work both ends at the same time.

i plan on sending my whole set up to FC but what about the give and take should i ask for more MX more offroad ?