Sign in to follow this  

motor revs slow

I have a 06 YZ 250F, the thing seems to rev alot slower than all the other 250F's. I was wondering what things I could do to get it revving a little faster.

Its a stock bore and I removed the crankshaft counter balancer and it has a 13.5 piston in it. Also a set of hotcams stg 1 intake and stg 2 exhaust.

I've listened to the CRF's at the track and they seem to rev a lot faster. I didnt know if it was possible to get that with the YZF's

I removed the balancer because i have heard it is not needed. Most other 250F's dont have them. and it adds extra weight to the crank which will slow it down more.

But ill check the timing. but im sure its correct because it had good power it just seems to rev slower than some of the other 250F's

I guess I should mention ive been riding a 250 2 stroke and a 450 a lot lately and not as much of the 250F. I just jumped on it last weekend and it seemed to rev a little slower...might just be me though.

Total shot in the dark: Is your crankcase breather tube clogged? Buddy of mine on Saturday was relating a story about the pressure build up in engines affecting revs.