Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Monster Energy Cup Track Map!!

Don't get me wrong, the track looks cool and fun . . . but, for the life of me, I can't understand their never-ending facination of taking the track outside of Las Vegas’ Sam Boyd Stadium where the paying fans literally CAN NOT see what's going on?

Why do they do that?

They've done that the last few years to wrap up the Supercross season too.

I mean, think about it; would you be happy if you went to a movie this weekend and every 5 minutes, they blacked out the screen for a minute?

HB

Don't get me wrong, the track looks cool and fun . . . but, for the life of me, I can't understand their never-ending facination of taking the track outside of Las Vegas’ Sam Boyd Stadium where the paying fans literally CAN NOT see what's going on?

Why do they do that?

I mean, think about it; would you be happy if you went to a movie this weekend and every 5 minutes, they blacked out the screen for a minute?

HB

With you movie analogy then why bother going to the nationals also? BTW they have a screen inside the stadium so you can see what happing outside.

Why do they do that?

HB

How would you go about making a supercross/motocross hybrid?

It looks like a supercross track to me. But then again, I couldn't see how they were going to make a motocross track in a stadium.

I am just excited that I get to go and watch it in person.

How would you go about making a supercross/motocross hybrid?

I don't know, I'm not a track designer.

And, again, please don't get me wrong . . . I think the track looks awesome and fun. I was just asking a simply question about the tracks at Sam Boyd Stadium.

As a matter of fact, it really doesn't matter to me, 'cause I'm never personally in Sam Boyd Stadium (I watch it on TV), so I don't miss any of it; it just seems wierd that they take a portion of the track away from those fans who paid to be there to see the race? That's all.

HB

Track looks gnarly. I am really interested in how they are going to run the track up into the bleachers and back down. 100 foot double looks wild too.

Looks like a big extremely fast SX track to me. Lot's of air time and a huge high speed double/stepup with a big run-up outside the stadium. No really big doubles or triples right out of a tight 180 degree turns and not all the turns are 180 degrees. So, I guess that is their concession. It will be interesting to see in action. I already rate it better than the lame arena cross track they built for the US Open of SX each year.

The track looks very fast. Im glad they made the track long too by making it go outside the stadium. Its going to be an awesome night of racing.

AMA Pro Motocross

MotocrossNews AMA Pro Motocross

Monster Energy Cup Live on SPEED: The 2011 Monster Energy Supercross Championship went down as the Greatest Seas...

No woops. Took away Stewarts biggest advantage with that if he shows. Looks like a lot of 5th gear pinned stuff as well.

No woops. Took away Stewarts biggest advantage with that if he shows. Looks like a lot of 5th gear pinned stuff as well.

JS7 is registered to race and gave an interview on how he is "excited" and "looking forward" to racing it. My only question is, what bike will he be on and will it be set up in time for him?

Also.... I saw CR22 is also registered but then pulled out. Dungey is not gegistered (yet). Poto is in as is Metcalf (again, don't know what bike). So is Weimer and KDub.....

From racerxonline:

"“While the actual supplemental rules package is available online at AMASupercross.com, the basics are simple,” Crowther continued. “No homologation is necessary, and the engine displacement must be at least 125cc. Beyond that, nearly anything goes -- two-stroke, four-stroke, singles, twins. Weight restrictions are gone. Large-displacement two strokes are welcome. That said, it’s important to stress that all safety and sound-related regulations will remain in place"

From racerxonline:

"“While the actual supplemental rules package is available online at AMASupercross.com, the basics are simple,” Crowther continued. “No homologation is necessary, and the engine displacement must be at least 125cc. Beyond that, nearly anything goes -- two-stroke, four-stroke, singles, twins. Weight restrictions are gone. Large-displacement two strokes are welcome. That said, it’s important to stress that all safety and sound-related regulations will remain in place"

If there were ever a time when KTM should throw a monster 450cc'd smoker into the mix to prove a point when the displacement are equal, this race would be it.:smashpc:

If there were ever a time when KTM should throw a monster 450cc'd smoker into the mix to prove a point when the displacement are equal, this race would be it.:smashpc:

the point is well known that a 2t makes more hp than a 4t of equal cc , and its well known that the AMA over compensated when they wrote the rules that were to equal the playing field , 2t's got the short end of the stick as far as racing AMA SX/MX ..... a 450cc 2t has the unfair hp advantage .... two wrongs wont make one right:excuseme: