Sign in to follow this  

Thinking about buying a yz 125

before i go out and actually start looking for one, i wanted some of your guys opinions on the yz 125, im lookin for a 05-07 yz 125, im 5,7 150 pounds, just wanna know if it seems like the right bike for me, i have a bunch of fields around my house where i ride usually, and i just need a bigger bike, so any reccomendations or anything is appreciated thanks in advance guys.

:smashpc:

Great bike! I took about a 4 1/2 year break from riding/racing and recently bought an 05 YZ125, sent the motor to Eric Gorr for a 144 kit and it's the most fun I've ever had on a motocross bike. I don't think you can go wrong....

alright thanks for the input, and out of curiosity, whats the ain differance between the 05 and 06 model, i hear its just in the suspension, not the motor

Are you going to ride trails or just do circles around open fields? For open fields, the 125 would probably be fine. However 125 MX bikes are not good beginner trail bikes.

whats good about ktm? i dont really know much about them

Another quality bike, with constant improvements. While the yz125 was not improved since 2006, the ktm has seen constant improvements. Both are very good bikes with strong motors. the ktm comes with a few trick parts like hydralic clutch, fat bars, plated pipe and brembo brakes. Can't go wrong with either bike.

ya, ill prob go for the yz, just because ive had them my whole life :smashpc: and they have never failed me

ya, ill prob go for the yz, just because ive had them my whole life :smashpc: and they have never failed me

I moved from a yz85 to a ktm 200, both have been great bike, neither has failed me.

In all honesty, if you are just riding around in a flat field, it really doenst matter which bike you buy. If you were riding tracks or trails, there would be a definite answer to your question.

And just so you're aware, you'll probably have some problems sooner or later with a 125 MX bike. Those TTR's will run just about forever without an oil change or air filter cleaning. Make sure you do both with a 125, and an occasional top end.

And just so you're aware, you'll probably have some problems sooner or later with a 125 MX bike. Those TTR's will run just about forever without an oil change or air filter cleaning. Make sure you do both with a 125, and an occasional top end.

"I know from experience, dude."