Sign in to follow this  

yz250f-yz450f wheel swap

i jazzed up the rear rim of my 07 yz250f and wanted to just put the rear wheel from my 06 yz450f in its place for now until i fix the 250's wheel this winter. i know the swing arms are different but everything else is the same correct? are the spacers different also? i was having a heck of a time getting the 450's wheel in the 250's swing arm last night. seems like its wider(the 450 wheel that is)? will using the 250's spacers solve the seemingly extra width problem? the spacers look physically different but i havent tried the swap and it just occured to me while i was at work. i checked the parts list and the spacers seem to have the same #'s so now i'm really confused.

measure your total hub width with the spacers installed.the other issue you might have is the tire might rub on the exhaust.you might be able to put a spacer between the muffler bracket and the sub-frame,but the muffler might melt your side panel if it is pushing against it very much.

i'm an idiot. the seal from the 250 wheel was stuck in the spacer somehow. 2 seals not needed. unless you are heidi klume