Sign in to follow this  

Rode a KX450F this weekend

:smashpc:

My buddy just bought it, 2007 with like 5 hours on it. Was an A riders backup bike. Before I rode it, I told myself to keep an open mind about it since I pretty much bleed green.🤣 I rode other 450's and hated the delay of power. But this one came on pretty quick, similar to a smoker...not as abrupt but similar. I rode an 08 YZ450 and hated everything about it. I was chunky and didn't turn well at all. The 07 CR450 had a nice chassis but I wasn't impressed with the engine. Rode a Husky too and didn't feel comfortable on it at all.

first thing I noticed about the KX450 was the bike felt ALOT smaller than my 250. The tank area seemed real low, but the bike wasn't wide at all. It did kind of force you to point your toes forward as I had a hard time looking for the shifter. But all in all was a fun bike to ride. The stock forks were real nice, didn't do any jumps tho. The shock felt a tad - bouncy. Probobly just setup issues.

When I first rode it I rode it like my 250 and it didn't like that too much. 👍 so I did what everyone else does and left it in 3rd. It had smooth power coming out of the turns, but... :busted:.

Either way, it gave me a different perspective on them as I hated the ones I rode prior.

250450.jpg

... But this one came on pretty quick, similar to a smoker...not as abrupt but similar.

ride a 09 or newer :smashpc:

oh no, don't! I like your postings here on the 2-stroke forum...

... I was chunky and didn't turn well at all. ...

Is this a post about the KX450F or you?:busted:👍

Thanks for the post. Have fun riding it, just don't be the one to have to pay for the upkeep. :smashpc:

All I have to say to you jeekinz is stay away from the 09 and up kx450's with the fuel injection, because that little bit of "hesitation" you speak of is GONE. The first thing I said to my friend when he bought a 2010 crf250r back in 2010 when I spun the throttle the response was instant like a 2 stroker.

That's weird it felt smaller, that's not my impression at least. As far as FI giving the 450s 2t like response... whatever. I raced an 09 CRF450 and it still didn't have the response of a decently jetted 250. People like to believe it does, but it does not. Whatever makes you want to spend 8k on a new 4t, I guess

That's weird it felt smaller, that's not my impression at least. As far as FI giving the 450s 2t like response... whatever. I raced an 09 CRF450 and it still didn't have the response of a decently jetted 250. People like to believe it does, but it does not. Whatever makes you want to spend 8k on a new 4t, I guess

Or spend 7k on a new 2 stroke. either way its an expensive sport

Who needs to spend 7k on a 2t? 4-stroke guys have the mentality that they need FI or whatever and therefore rationalize the high cost.

? Go buy a brand new yz250 or sx 250 and tell me how much you pay. Current model year of course

That CR250 running yet??

Was waiting for top end kit to send in with cylinder to Millennium. Sent over on Saturday.

The FI YZ450F had amazing power with instant hookup but too abrupt with way too much wheelspin when the traction was less than ideal. Both it and the YZ 2T had rekluses in them which I no longer list as a requirement for trail riding. :smashpc:

? Go buy a brand new yz250 or sx 250 and tell me how much you pay. Current model year of course

YOU DON"T HAVE TO SPEND 7K ON A NEW YZ250 or KTM250.

You can be plenty competitive on a decade old 1000 dollar CR250 but most 4t guys think they have spend thousands to get a good bike.

NOT IN THIS FORUM, BUDDY!! You need to get with the occasional theme of this forum:

I bought this KX for $600, and a week later, it won't crank! What's wrong with this green piece of junk!?

👍:smashpc:

NOT IN THIS FORUM, BUDDY!! You need to get with the occasional theme of this forum:

I bought this KX for $600, and a week later, it won't crank! What's wrong with this green piece of junk!?

:busted:👍

KDX you make me laugh man!!!:smashpc:🤣:lol:

I've never seen so many low-hour, very nice bikes for sale cheap as I do now in this economy. If you can't find any model in the low to mid $2000's that is still tight - man, you ain't looking. All kinds of people who bought an mx'r or trail bike mostly to look good in the garage are getting rid of them now. I picked up my 97 KDX200 with maybe 20 hours on it for $1000 and stuck modern forks on it, I picked up my 96 WR250z (smoker) with NO hours on it for $2500. Never used, no kidding - rock-hard original Bridgestone "Gritty" tires with the nubs sticking out. Braaaaaap....I hardly ever ride my souped-up 07 WR250F anymore, it just doesn't really do anything as well as my ancient smokers - just the weight difference brings me less smiles in the tight stuff. Mx'rs everywhere cheap.