Sign in to follow this  

plees halp: condensation in speedo & weird engine noise

Hello

I'm getting some condensation in my speedo which leads me to believe a seal is broken somewhere

I keep my bike under a tarp set up under my deck, but have no option to garage keep it.

Would putting my cover on it at nite be enough to deal with this? Or should I try to re-seal it?

Or just get ready to fork out the cash for a vapor...which I want anyway for the tac

Secondly my case is making a clacking noise at low rpm when I use even small amount of throttle

Doesn't sound good...

Ive had condensation in both my speedo and turn/warning light assembly. Only under very hot and humid conditions. And my bike is a 2011 S model! Ive only seen it a few times so as long as they both work I wont be replacing them. A tach would be nice though.

I haven't worn a speedo since the mid 1980's, but if I remember correctly they would dry pretty easily.

Oh...Wait...

:smashpc:

Keeping anything under a tarp is a bad idea..Lawnmower, motorcycle, whatever. Its creates its own enviroment underneath and not allowing moisture to escape, hence the moisture buidlup in the speedo..