Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Shorty

heres a tweet from pulpmx about Andrew Short moving over to honda! im feeling hes gonna have a good year. KTM wasnt his best move IMO

"Short's going back to Honda w Brooks/MC team & I'm shocked. Roczen told at MXDN he was staying orange & I thought he going to as well on 450"

I don't think KTM was the problem, it was the 350 that was the problem. While fine at the local level, it just doesn't have the power to run at the pro level. Anyway, Shorty is one of my favorite riders, and I hope to see him on the podium this year.

The best move of the Silly Season !!! :smashpc:

Go Shorty !👍 Go Shorty !:busted: Go Shorty !🤣

I like Shorty too, even though I am a KTM fan. I hope he can win a moto or even an overall now that he is back on Honda.

There are more ktm die hard fans in this thread.... but some cover in red !

Short is a super cool guy and a damn fast racer but I'll just about bet he will be finishing pretty much out of the top 5 in most races. Like it or not he is on the down side of his career and I think he will be a good top 10 finisher for 012, but I would not expect to see him on the podium next year.

This is my own personal opinion and crystal ball outlook of course.

Does anyone know what the team name will be?

MAX!!!

Well Shorty will absolutely be more competitive on the CRF450 than that slow, high reving KTM 350 turd !

I remember earlier this year, watching one of the first clips of Shorty on that 350. Everybody replied that he looked so good and fast on it. But to me he looked way slow and all you could here was him reving alot. I thought to myself, this will never be a good year for Shorty ! And now one year later he is back on red. Super good move Shorty !

I bet Dungey will go the same route as Alessi and Short ! Ktm´s just don´t suit the US racing !

I don't think KTM was the problem, it was the 350 that was the problem. While fine at the local level, it just doesn't have the power to run at the pro level. Anyway, Shorty is one of my favorite riders, and I hope to see him on the podium this year.

Agree. He's helped a lot of people really start paying attention to the 350. its a good bike and KTM is selling a ton of them, which is more important than winning races.

KTM should be sending him residual checks for every 350 sold. He really did a good job for them.

I wonder if KTM will sign someone else to ride the 350. or maybe they have proved the point and will continue to reap the benefits.

Agree. He's helped a lot of people really start paying attention to the 350. its a good bike and KTM is selling a ton of them, which is more important than winning races.

KTM should be sending him residual checks for every 350 sold. He really did a good job for them.

I wonder if KTM will sign someone else to ride the 350. or maybe they have proved the point and will continue to reap the benefits.

Did racing the 350 in AMA SX and MX really help sell bikes? Vets and the offroad guys are buying them. Those guys aren't the types to be swayed by Pro performances on a bike. KTM is selling lots of 2 strokes to the same crowd without racing them in SX and MX. A winning/podium placing 450 would have been more impressive with lighter 350 sibling available in the showroom.

BTW, go Shorty! Glad to hear he is on a strong team for 2012. I think he still has plenty of top 5's in him and a possible podium or two. And if things line up just so, we might even see better than that.

I don't think MC/Brooks has announced a major sponsor yet. Other then they will be leasing factory Hondas. I like Short, I don't think he is at the highest level anymore 350 or not. I hope he proves us wrong.

This is a big deal for Short.. He loves the CRF450 and this should give him the extra confidence to get him in to the top 10.

Did racing the 350 in AMA SX and MX really help sell bikes? Vets and the offroad guys are buying them. Those guys aren't the types to be swayed by Pro performances on a bike. KTM is selling lots of 2 strokes to the same crowd without racing them in SX and MX. A winning/podium placing 450 would have been more impressive with lighter 350 sibling available in the showroom.

Well... to some degree, I think that racing 350 certainly gave the bike good press. Its not the best bike for SX/MX, but definitely a capable bike. If you gave me a 125 two stroke or the bad ass bike that Villopoto races, my results don't change because I know its the rider, not the bike.

A 350 is good enough for us vets and seniors who want to go kinda fast, but still make it to work on monday. Mid pack finish for shorty or alessi is about where I finish on my local offroad circuit (ok... I'm in the back, but you get the point). In a sad sort of way, I can relate to not winning, but just being competitive.

Just that thought will make me take a look at a 350 when I am ready for a new bike.

I bet Dungey will go the same route as Alessi and Short ! Ktm´s just don´t suit the US racing !

Im willing to bet RD's results wont suffer, you'r talking about a different breed of racer... he'll put the 450 on the podium no matter what color it is!:smashpc:

Good to hear shorty's signed in (not that he would't have been one place or another.) GL in 2012 Shorty.