Sign in to follow this  

Oil coming from valve cover breather?

Hi, I have a 2006 250sxf i was riding the other day when i noticed alot of oil on my boot/bike it turns out it came out through the breather pipe on valve cover, i had lost almost all of my oil.......does anyone know what can cause this?

any help will be much appreciated

Did you dump it at all? Perhaps get it on the ground past flat i.e. the wheels up like falling in a big berm? How is your piston ring? Somehow oil is getting past your ring and unfortunately it contaminates the top end.

I had the same exact problem. It's time for piston rings. I just went Shea and put a wiseco piston and rings in and replaced the timing chain while I was in there. Cured my problem.

worn out top end most likely, 50 hrs for racing and 100 hrs for tail riding and its time. Other possibility is if it was over full, if you tipped over and it got in the hose and then blew it out, etc.

Did you dump it at all? Perhaps get it on the ground past flat i.e. the wheels up like falling in a big berm? How is your piston ring? Somehow oil is getting past your ring and unfortunately it contaminates the top end.

I have just changed piston/rings but think I may have damaged it at some point then