Carolina Adventure World(CAW)

I have only been to CAW about three times since they opened, the last time being about a year and a half ago. The last time I went there I was really disappointed in the options in mx stuff. I wouldn't mind going again if they have added more tracks or changed the old one, but with me only riding once every 2 months or so, I don't want to waste a trip on something that I know I didn't like before. Has Anyone been there recently? What did you think of it? I have always heard its a great place from people who ride 4 wheelers or side by sides, but what do you 2 wheelin' people think of it?

I just have to jump in on this one....We're like you, we only get out once a month at best. The first time we went to CAW it was horrible, the staff and food were great but we hated the trails. (And I was on a z400!) Their "track" was a joke to. After about a year we kept saying that we wanted to try again that maybe we just missed something, plus I was on a bike by that point.....so we went, we checked out the "track" first. It was worse than before. Then went on a few of the "easy" trails just to check them out....Ended up asking for a refund!! Totally not worth the cash that it takes to get up there and ride. Thankfully that was the day we found Palmetto was it wasn't a waste, but that was luck....That's why I liked your idea about Turkey Creek/DNA, both are cheap enough and close enough together that if we don't like one we can go to another.

I have not been but from the video's I have seen of the mx track it looks horrible. My friends who ride 4 wheelers love the place but everyone I know that rides mx says don't go!

My friend went twice and said the track is never watered or groomed and he ended up riding trails both times. I don't want to go and waste my money unless I hear of some changes being done.

I rode there about a month ago (it was free for me - I would not pay actual money to ride there these days)...they have closed the MX track and will be removing it according to the staffer I spoke to.

I used to frequent CAW a few years ago...however, the place only caters to the qwadbilly crowd now. There is one smallish section originally laid out for mountain biking that is now mc-only. It's not bad however sections of it are being replaced with...ready...a disc golf course.:smashpc: I swear that is not a type-o.

There are far better places to ride for less money.

-Jay

• 4 weeks later...

When I went there in april they had a mx track,it was very hardpacked almost like adobe/cement.I rode it w both my quad and bike very casually.The days I went there ,there was actually more bikes then quads and for me the price was very reasonable.Im going down there again this thanksgiving to see my Aunt and cousins in Columbia.Caw to me wasnt bad but Id like to find other places to try out too while Im down there.

When I went there in april they had a mx track,it was very hardpacked almost like adobe/cement.I rode it w both my quad and bike very casually.The days I went there ,there was actually more bikes then quads and for me the price was very reasonable.Im going down there again this thanksgiving to see my Aunt and cousins in Columbia.Caw to me wasnt bad but Id like to find other places to try out too while Im down there.

...then you need to let us know when and we will show you what riding here is REALLY about. You will understand then why most of us feel the way we do about CAW. Do you moto or offroad?

It really is ashamed, so much potential with an unrivaled amount of property for the area and they have squandered it. aahhh, one can only dream....

I off road as in enduro,I enjoy watching moto but god forbid I get hurt and my boss would love to have a reason to get rid of me:( I will be going down there from Nov. 18-19 to the sunday after thankgiving.I have an 09 aprilia rxv 450., 86 bw 200 and 2 quads but I cant bring em all,I usually bring a bike and a quad to ride.

I off road as in enduro,I enjoy watching moto but god forbid I get hurt and my boss would love to have a reason to get rid of me:( I will be going down there from Nov. 18-19 to the sunday after thankgiving.I have an 09 aprilia rxv 450., 86 bw 200 and 2 quads but I cant bring em all,I usually bring a bike and a quad to ride.

if you don't mind a ride north, you can come up and get some enduro type riding in. That is what I prefer myself.

So where in NC do you ride? The only place I have ever ridden in NC was Parker Valley, and that place is long gone.

Brown Mtn, Brushy Mtn, some private spots, and the races. I don't ride moto.

I always wanted to live in Asheville but I was down there 7 years ago w aunt at biltmore and I saw the house prices.:busted: OMG the prices now are inline w nj housing,just shocking.

Asheville is very high class living. I prefer to live in the foothills within comfortable driving distance from the mtns and most of the good riding. Housing in this area is affordable.

Brown Mtn, Brushy Mtn, some private spots, and the races. I don't ride moto.

Asheville is very high class living. I prefer to live in the foothills within comfortable driving distance from the mtns and most of the good riding. Housing in this area is affordable.

Brushy Mountain is a blast to ride...one of my favorite places. I was not such a big fan of Brown Mountain though.

To rebelyell: Palmetto motorsports has some trails to ride ~14miles and its about 30min south east of columbia. Also, Enoree has about 18 miles of trials and its about an hour west of columbia. Both these places are pretty nice. These trails are also wide enough for 4 wheelers.

Brushy Mountain is a blast to ride...one of my favorite places. I was not such a big fan of Brown Mountain though.

To rebelyell: Palmetto motorsports has some trails to ride ~14miles and its about 30min south east of columbia. Also, Enoree has about 18 miles of trials and its about an hour west of columbia. Both these places are pretty nice. These trails are also wide enough for 4 wheelers.

you just need to hit the right trails at Brown, and at the right time, preferably when it is wet or after it has rained. Not real fun in a dry spell.

Me in my son off road as enduro this past sunday we did a setra harescramble at palmetto and they had 11 miles of trail and another five that was not put in the race. They do have a very nice track though but i have been to both places and i would not drive the extra distance or spend the gas money if i was already in columbia. Palmtto is nice with nice people.

I agree about the driving but at the same time, going somewhere new just make it more fun! At least once a year we try somewhere new, worst case is we waste the money and a ride day but at least we know and won't have to wonder what a place is like...KAWIman35, have you seen any pics or vids of the new track layout? I've been searching and can't find a thing!!