Sign in to follow this  

Yz250f -09 rearwheel fitment?

Hi, I know that this probably been up like a thousand times before but I just cant seem to find it!

But I've bought a Yz250f-09 yesterday (yup I'm very happy) and I ride almost no motos so I'm going to try to get a hold of a 18" rear wheel from a Wr.

But from what years do they fit??

Didnt the -09 come with a new bigger rear axle? so the older wheels might not fit??

Best regards

/L

Sorry don't know what years will fit but what you can do if having problems going that route is get the rim and lace your original hub to it with new spokes

the 09 has a larger axle,bearings,spacer,seals ect.you could replace all those parts with 08 and older yz-250f parts,or as swede suggested just lace up a 18 inch wheel,much easier,and it should be less money.keep us posted

Hm.. Then I'll probably buy a pre 09 wheel and axle and mount that, Cuz then it'll fit my dads wr250f -06 too.

Ty for quick replys :smashpc:

the 09 has a larger axle,bearings,spacer,seals ect.you could replace all those parts with 08 and older yz-250f parts,

What???

I too went thru this excercise trying to find an 18" wheel to work on my 09. The 08 and earlier have a smaller axle diameter etc. The swingarm hole for the axle is larger too, so adding all these pre '08 parts I don't think will work.

BTW, i gave up on this and have just been running the OEM wheelset on both track and trail.

Huh, seems I've missed something.

forum faq?

Heh. I saw that thread now, never occured to me that it was in there, Sorry for wasting your time

I have about 34 hours on my yzf I ride both woods and I moto.

I have all the aftermarket stuff .

The best change I made was having my suspension done by ASR4 suspension.

I you can ride forget trying the wheel 1st /1st get the suspension done.

And you will forget about your rear wheel.

The shock will take care of your hill climbing problems.

No other change that i have made has made the difference that the revalving did Period................

The main reason that i want an 18" rearwheel is that if I'd ride on a 19" low profile tyre, my rim would look like shit within minutes! I mainly ride alot of rocky stuff and the 18" with a higher profile almost cant handle the big hits without getting messed up

WCfluff

If you are riding in that much rock!

Destroy the 19" before replacing!

And get your suspension done you wont regret!