Sign in to follow this  

Heart Rate Monitor of Choice

I have read several posts and way too many articles regarding the heart rate monitors available.

Everything I read says that Polar is the best for training but does not have GPS. However, the coaching it gives with the their software is supposed to be pretty good and give the best training/coaching for improving either endurance, fitness level, etc. I also read they have the most comfortable chest strap and accurate HRM.

However, the Garmin units have GPS. I usually work out in the gym so I can track my distance and everything but thought I could also strap this to my handlebars and track my rides and lap times. I eventually want to get a real GPS but thought this is a quick win.

Anyone have experience with either company or used them while riding? Experience with either company? If you could provide details and the exact model you were using, that would be great.

Get the POLAR and get one that will download... if you're serious, get the 720 as you can get a power meter pick-up for it, not the best power meter but workable data.

Thanks. I can't find a 720. Most likely going to get the FT60 or FT80. The FT actually has a strength training setting which is pretty impressive if it actually works well.