Sign in to follow this  

GasGas-husky parts

How are OEM and aftermarket parts availability 11-12 EX250-WR250? I may have to leave Yami and go euro if they don't do something about a 2 stroke woods bike.

OK on both. Enough stuff out there to do what you need but not piles like for KTM. Both hammer reliable bikes. I have both.

I have them both too and getting parts is not a problem. Make the switch and you'll never loook back. Oh like Ride said both bikes are built to last. Now getting new plastics for a TTR 90 Yamaha......very tough!

How are OEM and aftermarket parts availability 11-12 EX250-WR250? I may have to leave Yami and go euro if they don't do something about a 2 stroke woods bike.

Just be prepared to have a heart attack every time you look at the price of the parts you need. 1.5-3x Yamaha is about normal.

JayC

Just be prepared to have a heart attack every time you look at the price of the parts you need. 1.5-3x Yamaha is about normal.

JayC

Maybe for a genuine crank, but all aftermarket parts are on par with other brands. I don't pay twice as much for a twinair filter with gasgas written on the bag..

JayC

nope.

Not ture! I heard that same about can't get parts, parts are higher, etc etc. before I got my first Husky a few years ago and it's simply flat out BS!! Husky, GasGas are better built bikes IMHO.

Not ture! I heard that same about can't get parts, parts are higher, etc etc. before I got my first Husky a few years ago and it's simply flat out BS!! Husky, GasGas are better built bikes IMHO.

Agreed, Better parts availability for my gasgas (same day usually) And i find the prices to be better than what im used too. Definetly notice higher part quality as well. Same goes for on the bikes, Break less parts on my gasgas than any of my jap bikes

GasGas is a far less expensive bike to own, especially long term (like 5 years). Keep them greased and you will be rewarded with a very long service life. Most failures I've had have been my fault. We have a Husky as well. It's a good bike, but it's not as high end as the GasGas. They need to improve their metallurgy on some parts.

We have a Husky as well. It's a good bike, but it's not as high end as the GasGas. They need to improve their metallurgy on some parts.

I have both huskys and the GG and find the huskys EZer to work on and a little better build IMHO. They are close though so no real arguing this point is necessary. I have a buddy with a 07 WR250 he has absolutely HAMMERED for 6500 miles of tight tingle track gnar and it has been a anvil, just like every WR I have seen or owned. Not much more reliable bike than that one IMHO.

I am on an 07 GasGas300. I find the parts just as easy to get as my YZ250 was. And honestly, alot of times the same part is CHEAPER than it was for my YZ. I have a good local dealer that stocks almost everying, and if not...check out gofasters.com...they are the US parts distributer and get parts to me very fast for good prices. check them out.

JayC

nope, unless you need an internal part unique to gasgas, like a gear or shaft, there's a ton of stuff that crosses over too

Alot of the expensive internal parts have dropped way down in price the last few years. The clutch hub for my 125 that used to list for 349.00 is down to 149.00 now. Not that they wore out fast though. 6 years of hard riding by a 200+ POUND rider. The pressure plate finally wore enough that it started to slip. Original fibers and upgraded the aluminum plates to steel. Can't say that for many 125's from Japan.

Alot of the expensive internal parts have dropped way down in price the last few years. The clutch hub for my 125 that used to list for 349.00 is down to 149.00 now. Not that they wore out fast though. 6 years of hard riding by a 200+ POUND rider. The pressure plate finally wore enough that it started to slip. Original fibers and upgraded the aluminum plates to steel. Can't say that for many 125's from Japan.

True!

the 250's use a cr250r clutch pack, only difference is one washer's size

not sure why rekluse sells a core 2 for the cr250r but not for the gasgas 250

the 250's use a cr250r clutch pack, only difference is one washer's size

not sure why rekluse sells a core 2 for the cr250r but not for the gasgas 250

Maybe the pressure plate and clutch hub are different regardless if the clutch plates fit or not.

there are crossover in the gas cap between husky and GasGas?

My gasgas gas cap are leaking....

Thanks

If you want an out of the box woods weapon or just a great riding bike for a fun time in the woods then you won't find anything better than the European bikes. Husqvarna, Husaberg, KTM, Beta, TM and GasGas..... They are all top notch. I have owned several and still own some of the Japanese bikes. They were good but not the same caliber of machine. A true night and day difference. Ofcourse, you coud buy a Japanese brand and dump all kinds of money into it to get it close to what you get with one of the before mentioned.

Don't worry about prices for parts either, all the horror stories you hear simply are not true.

Maybe the pressure plate and clutch hub are different regardless if the clutch plates fit or not.

they are, but you can drop in the cr250 clutch pack and a rekluse core for a cr250r should fit, it will have the same dimensions as the steel/fiber plates, so it should drop right in

you have to get a thinner washer to use the honda fiber/metal clutch kit, there's a suzuki part that works, #08211-22423 I think

they are, but you can drop in the cr250 clutch pack and a rekluse core for a cr250r should fit, it will have the same dimensions as the steel/fiber plates, so it should drop right in

yeah we already determined that but there are more variables...

- is the spring landings in the same location and height so the pressure plate will line up?

- is the clutch basket the exact same depth?

- Is the clutch push rod the same

- will the pressure plate clear the clutch cover or do you need a spacer

- Is the crank to clutch basket the same drive ratio? (this determines how fast the clutch basket spins and will affect the recluse settings)

Lots more to it than "the clutch plates fit"