Sign in to follow this  

weird problem with a cr125

So I've got a 91 cr 125. I've replaced just about every matainence part and it runs great now. Thing is once I put it on my truck and drive home it won't kick start and when I push start it it seems all loaded up. Once I clear it out its fine until I put it on my truck and drive it somewhere again. I always turn the gas off before loading the bike. Only thing I can think of is gas in the bowl is splashing around and flooding the engine. There's no drain on the float bowl. Is there anything else that would cause this or any ideas on how to solve it.

Maybe the petcock is going bad and is allowing fuel to seep into the bowl even after you turn it off.

Maybe the petcock is going bad and is allowing fuel to seep into the bowl even after you turn it off.

Don't think thats it because I leave the gas off when I'm not riding it and it always kick starts fine the next day. It literally only happens when I put it on the truck and then take it off it won't kick start and is all loaded up

Exactly, if it just sits, it is fine as long as the bowl height is set right. When it's sloshing around in the back of the truck is when it's dumping in the chamber and causing a flooded condition.

I'd do a quickie carb rebuild with a new needle/seat, replace the bowl gaskets and check the float height. Your problem is definitely in there.