Sign in to follow this  

So what is the real difference between E2205 and Snell m2010

Just like the title says, i am looking at switching brands and the New AGV helmets have the E2205/dot and the shoei's have snell 2010/dot. Whats the difference. Also i am only considering a AGV rx8 and a shoei vfx so lets keep the conversation to those.

I assume you are asking about ECE 22.05? If that is the case you can think of it as similar to snell, but for Europe (some 50 nations use this as their standard). While they and Snell run some simlar tests, they also have some unique, for instance i think snell tests to see how the helmet moves around the head at impact, while ECE 22.05 does not (I think that is accurate, you are asking me to dig up an old piece of info hidden deep in the bowels of a diseased brain!

Anyway, both are far better than DOT. The only issue i could see is if a particular race series called for Snell 2010, and did not address ECE 22.05. But I have never seen that in a motorcycle series. car series almost all have helmet standards, Snell is all i have seen, never asked about ECE 22.05.

I'm guessing AVG is made in a foreign country, and just started importing to the uSA

Not much help, but thats all I know!

Carl Johansson

I do believe the Euro standards are a bit more strict. Same with exhaust noise, the race fuel, etc. Euro tends to be alot more strict as far as standards. I am fairly certain that any helmet that passes European standards will pass any standard motorcycle helmets are measured by in the USA. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase either helmet. Both Snell and ECE are very strenuous tests and I wouldn't buy either helmet based on the fact of the standards, I would pick one based on the fit and weight/venting. Shoei is known as a top quality helmet, not sure on the AGV, never heard of it.