Sign in to follow this  

4 pair MX boots from 70s to a good home

I was cleaning out my attic this weekend an came across my old riding boots from the 70's. I have no idea why I still have them but out of sight out of mind... Anyway before I throw them out I wanted to see if anyone had a use for them.

There are 3 pair. All were stored in a sealed container with no sunlight or weather getting to them.

1 pair of Hi Points with the metal front shin plate. These are in fair shape but well worn. All leather is pretty good. They are about a size 10.

1 pair SIDI Full Bore with the enduro sole. These are in really good shape for their age. All buckles and straps are functional and original. They are a size 11 I think.

1 pair of SIDI Full Bore boots. Other than the top gator these are in good shape. All buckles work fine. Has the enduro sole. These are a size 10 also I think.

1 pair Gearne MX boots Size 10

If anyone has a use for them or has questions or wants pictures send me an email at 2007drz@gmail.com or private message. All located just outside Sacramento CA.

If nothing happens by this weekend they will go with all kinds of other things from the long forgotten about attic.

It is amazing what you can collect over 40 years of riding dirt bikes.:smashpc:

See pictures 2 posts below this one.

Edited by pschiess
  • Like 1

I think we'd all get a kick out of photos. Would probably help move them too.

OK just for all of you nostalgia fans here you go. I also found a pair of Gaernes from the early 1980s I think that are in the pictures. All free to a good home.

With a good scrubbing and some leather conditioner they would all be decent representation of what we wore way back in the day.

Size 10 HiPoints w/MX Sole Size 10 Gearnes w/MX sole Size 12 SIDI Full Bore w/Enduro Sole Size 10 SIDI Full Bore w/Enduro Sole

IMG]IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

Thanks for the great photos...Back in the day I used to ride enduros with a 125WR Husky and Hi Point boots. I also had real leather pants, the type with the pleated, pillowy look on the thighs. I sold the boots but still have the Husky and the pants. I now ride the old fart Vintage class on an XL Honda.

Those boots are certainly a nice reminder of the old days......before monoshocks, disc brakes and those damn radiators!

Thanks for looking, Scott

Please give me eMail before you discard those boots.

Thanks for the great photos...Back in the day I used to ride enduros with a 125WR Husky and Hi Point boots. I also had real leather pants, the type with the pleated, pillowy look on the thighs. I sold the boots but still have the Husky and the pants. I now ride the old fart Vintage class on an XL Honda.

Those boots are certainly a nice reminder of the old days......before monoshocks, disc brakes and those damn radiators!

Thanks for looking, Scott

Please give me eMail before you discard those boots.

Email is 2007drz@gmail.com

I still have several of my 1970s race bikes (1976 Husky CR125, 1977 Suzuki RM 125B, 1978 Husky OR 390, 1980 Suzuki RM 125T) as well as a pair of the original Suzuki Factory RM leathers like you spoke about. They seem to have shrunk over the years...:smashpc: as they no longer fit but are in excellent condition. Yellow with green stripes down the legs. Also several of my old Husky racing jerseys. It is nice to have lots of storage room for old stuff.

Edited by pschiess

I was hoping to find someone local who wanted them but as of no no luck. Several offer to have me ship them and reimburse me for shipping cost but that is such a hassle when I can just toss them for no hassle and no cost. If nobody local wants them then they are going to the dumpster.

Paaaaaalease don't toss them yet, I'm trying to find someone to pickup. What area are you in?👍:worthy::ride:

Read between the lines guys. Offer him a couple bucks for his time and effort.

If I weren't broke as a joke, I'd throw out an offer just so I could restore em and keep em around as decoration in my basement..

I did so this AM. No answer yet, so he's probably out enjoying himself, hopefully not busy taking stuff to the dumpster!

Hi all, I had no idea there would be such an interest in the old stuff. Anyway I had a local collector come by and take all four pair. They are going to a good home and will be used some and well taken care of. I wanted no money but also wanted no hassle just wanted to find a good home rather than the dump.

e-mailed back... they are sold.

Technically not sold - but given away. Bottom line is yes they are gone. Was not looking to make money just wanted them gone. Too much stuff... too little room.