Sign in to follow this  

Boots too big?

I got some Thors a few months ago, worn them a ton, tried "breaking them in", but it seems that they're simply too big, even though I bought a size smaller then my regular shoes.

What should I do? I don't think I could sell them for anything really. Their toe is just too big, in every way, and of course it has a steel toe so you can't adjust it.

Any ideas?

Here's what I did with mine when I used to have those boots:

Get some carpet padding and remove the insoles from the boots. Use the insoles as templates to cut the carpet padding so it will fit in the boot. Install carpet padding, then install insoles over the carpet padding. Remove and trim padding/insoles if necessary.

You will then have a nice tight boot and and extra 1/4" or so of cushion.

I was going to suggest thick insoles like Dr. Scholls from the drug store. Worked for me with work boots that were a little too big.

I got some Thors a few months ago, worn them a ton, tried "breaking them in", but it seems that they're simply too big, even though I bought a size smaller then my regular shoes.

What should I do? I don't think I could sell them for anything really. Their toe is just too big, in every way, and of course it has a steel toe so you can't adjust it.

Any ideas?

Are you wearing motocross socks? If not try a pair, and if you need more, then wear regular socks under the motocross socks. Mind are too big in the inside with just regular socks.

Are you wearing motocross socks? If not try a pair, and if you need more, then wear regular socks under the motocross socks. Mind are too big in the inside with just regular socks.

Nah, wouldn't bother buying a pair of socks just so I could wear them once a week :smashpc: Thanks though!

Here's what I did with mine when I used to have those boots:

Get some carpet padding and remove the insoles from the boots. Use the insoles as templates to cut the carpet padding so it will fit in the boot. Install carpet padding, then install insoles over the carpet padding. Remove and trim padding/insoles if necessary.

You will then have a nice tight boot and and extra 1/4" or so of cushion.

Thanks now I just gotta find some carpet foam :smashpc: