Sign in to follow this  

Has anybody tried the exhaust spacer?

Has anybody tried the exhaust spacer from Mx Bonz or from whoever else makes them? Do they help any?

I just bougt some for a 2002 cr125, hopefully ill have a chance to throw them in this week and get a feel. For the price i figure ill give them a try just to see what they do.

Yeah I heard they helped but i want to hear from more people so let me know what you think about them when you get em.

Edited by SuzukiMx514

they work as advertised. have them on a cr80 and cr125. adds low end

I put the spacer in yesterday ran a lap at the house and wasnt impressed. The bike didnt really seem to have any more low end. The spacer did seem to kill the top and make the bike harder to come on the pipe. I quickly came back to the house and pulled the spacer out for another ride. Over all it made the bike harder to ride with the spacer.

With the 125 you get two. I figured i would start with the thicker (3mm) of the two to see a drastic difference. I did check the plug after i rode it with the spacer and the plug looked good. I didnt have to do any jetting. I could have leaned the bike a little more. I run the little 125 a little fat. It may also be because that im a big guy and cant afford to give up any of the powerband on this little 125. It may also be the application (2002 CR125). Like i said it did mellow the powerband. It felt like it was harder to get it back up in the powerband with the clutch. Take it for what its worth, Im just giving my opinon. I will be willing to send them to someone else so they can give a review. Send me shipping! Im not going to use them again anyway.