Sign in to follow this  

07 shock on 09

I just picked up a 09 kx250f and the rear shock just doesn't feel right to me.. My wifes shock on her 07 feels very plush and the rebound seems to work great. My 09 rebound is way to fast and i've tried everythin on the shock. Talked to a suspension guy and he said it sounds like the bladder in the shock leaked nitrogen into the oil. Well I'm now on a budget so I was planning on selling my wifes 250f and was wondering if the 07 shock would fit on my 09 and feel fine.

anybody..lol..just need to know if the 07 shock will fit the 09 right..lol

So you're looking to take a known blown shock off a bike that you bought and put it on a bike your about to sell? Sounds kind of shady.. Why not just get your shock serviced? might as well do the forks while you're at it. Afterall it is a used bike that you dont truely know how much time is on. Ian at monster performance in Ballston spa new york will do it for like 60 bucks or so including labor and oil. Parts are additional. I give him all my shocks to my bikes ( I do the forks myself).

EDIT: The frame changed, the 07-08 frame is goign to be way different than the 09 frame, So i'm assuming it wont fit. It takes 20 minutes to swap a shock into a bike why dont you just try it? (not trying to sound like an a** but really)

Yes it will work i rode all year with my 09 shock on my 2010

lol..dmm698...i understand what your saying. I'm always on a budget man! It sucks but thats how life is. If I had all the money in the world i'd send it out and have it done right. It does only take a few minutes to swap. I am thinking about sending it out too. As for what DMauro said...the 08-09 changed a lot and the 09-10 didn't hardly change. I just was hoping someone knew if the rear suspension geometry was the same. Shock isn't blown..well i guess internally it might. Its not blowing oil anywere. I may just say f it and get it fixed. I wish the wife would find a darn job...lol

Trust me I know what thats like, I'm a full time engineering major student in college, and I work 30 hours a week but we all know 30 hours at 10 bucks an hour is hardly enough to afford to keep up on multiple bikes and still race/ride. Thats why I take my shocks to Ian because at 50 bucks a pop and a 20 minute drive to get their its a no brainer when people are trying to get 20 just to do nitro refills around me. I'd just send it out though, Eat ramen noodles for a week or something LOL. DMauro is referring to 09->10 like mentioned so those bikes were already close to the same.

EDIT: Check the part number on kawi.com and click the where else used button and see what else comes up. I'd be willing to bet it wont show anything though because the slightest valving difference will probably give it a different part number.

Looked it up for you while I was sitting here at work, Just like I though they are only listing the 07 shock as being for the 07 ( but even the slightest valving change would cause this difference in overall part numbers). Just go swap them and see how it feels or just get the 09 serviced.

I think i'm going to just get in serviced..heck..i was hoping someone would have put there 08 shock when switching to a 09 a few years back..oh well...I'm gonna be trading my wifes 07 for a 05 yfz race quad...and then there is someone wanting to trade there 11 kx250f for a race quad..lol...i'm going to try and make this happen