Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki PE good woods bikes?

Yes they sure are!

The 80-81s are the best, the 82-84 PE175 are by far the best suspended.

I liked the twin shock , aluminum swingarm PE175 best. I rode a 1979 and a 1980 as a support rider for Suzuki. I also helped build a concept prototype PE125 that I rode the 1981 ISDT / ISDE in Italy on. It was based off the 1980 RM125 with a PE175 6th gear, RM250 fuel tank, PE175 subframe and fenders. PE lights. Works Performance rear shocks. Only weighed 193lbs. Silver Medal winner.

I liked the twin shock , aluminum swingarm PE175 best. I rode a 1979 and a 1980 as a support rider for Suzuki. I also helped build a concept prototype PE125 that I rode the 1981 ISDT / ISDE in Italy on. It was based off the 1980 RM125 with a PE175 6th gear, RM250 fuel tank, PE175 subframe and fenders. PE lights. Works Performance rear shocks. Only weighed 193lbs. Silver Medal winner.

Did the PE175 gear go right in the 80 RM125?

I've got a hankerin for a twin shock 125!:smashpc:

Did the PE175 gear go right in the 80 RM125?

I've got a hankerin for a twin shock 125!:smashpc:

Yes. We were going to put in 5th and 6th but found that 5th was the same. Difference was primary gear. I had to run a 60T rear sprocket. Top speed was 65mph. RM250 fuel tank. We welded a PE175 frame loop on to support the PE rear fender. PE lights powered by a 9vt radio battery. Used a kill switch to turn the lights on just for inspection. Only had about 45 seconds of light power. Used a Super Trapp silencer. Neat bike. Weighed about 193 lbs dry.

Dwight

Thanks for the replies, looking for one on craigslist. :-)

Which PE are you looking for? I'd sell you my dad's, but I don't have a title.

Yes. We were going to put in 5th and 6th but found that 5th was the same. Difference was primary gear. I had to run a 60T rear sprocket. Top speed was 65mph. RM250 fuel tank. We welded a PE175 frame loop on to support the PE rear fender. PE lights powered by a 9vt radio battery. Used a kill switch to turn the lights on just for inspection. Only had about 45 seconds of light power. Used a Super Trapp silencer. Neat bike. Weighed about 193 lbs dry.

Dwight

That's so cool hearing stories on some things were done to make it work.👍 I have a PE 175. Fun bike, can't wait to restore it.

i had a 1981 pe 175 for a while, great trail bike it practically floated through the trails till i blew the rear shocks then it bounced lol