Sign in to follow this  

Shocks coming apart??

I'm not sure if this is suppose to be normal or what is happening. But I don't think I remember this on my bike before.

4ieoe8.jpg

Is this normal or did something come loose or what? O.o

What are you trying to show us in the picture? It looks like suspension linkage to me.

What are you trying to show us in the picture? It looks like suspension linkage to me.

I guess thats what you call it, is it suppose to come down like that or is it suppose to be straight and not slanted?

Looks normal to me.

Still feels normal and everything, it just looked odd :S thanks for the help dude. This forum is amazing.

Address the bike from the left side, reach over to the right side lift handle in the number plate and lift it up until the rear wheel is off the ground, then let it down again. The idea is to try and feel any looseness in the bearings. You can feel it as any non-damped movement with clunk added in if the bearings are gone. Rule of thumb, if you haven't greased your linkage bearing in the last 6 months, you're over due!

Its normal, get someone to bounce on the bike for you and you'll see how it works.

Im on a small screen at the minute so correct me if I'm wrong, is that rust on the linkage or red clay/sand?

Its normal, get someone to bounce on the bike for you and you'll see how it works.

Im on a small screen at the minute so correct me if I'm wrong, is that rust on the linkage or red clay/sand?

Yea it's dirt, I already cleaned that off.

Thanks for the help guys.