Sign in to follow this  

Can I ship a bike to the US from Saudi Arabia?

I'm about to buy a 2010 CRF450R but I'm only staying in Saudi Arabia for three years or so, so for future reference is it possible to ship an MX bike to the US?As in, what do I need to get it through customs, what are the regulations, and is it even possible?

You may not like this answer, but it kind of depends. You may be hit by import duties if you ship your bike through a freight forwarder from Saudi Arabia. I brought two bikes with me, and while my shipment went through Saudi customs I was not charged any import fees (I think the stipulation is that the bike is not sold while here). Additionally since it's not on the road there's no need to have it registered.

I read an article about a fellow who took a 2-stroke all the way apart and shipped it in pieces from the U.S. Unless you're getting a great deal on the 450 you might be better off to sell it here before you return. I've had a look at two places in Riyadh (Gas Gas and Big Fox) and it appears that dirt bikes are hard to come by. If I wasn't so attached to my WR I would consider selling it before returning.

- Ken

I'm about to buy a 2010 CRF450R but I'm only staying in Saudi Arabia for three years or so, so for future reference is it possible to ship an MX bike to the US?As in, what do I need to get it through customs, what are the regulations, and is it even possible?

Yes if you can claim it as household goods.

Contact an international expeditor and see what they can do. Lot's of ins and outs in that business. Had 10 ton hydraulic cylinders shipped from Holland to Seattle, ship train truck through canada. With trade agreement between Canada and Holland, and Canada and US, and the crates labeled "milk products" the whole thing came together tax and duty free. That's what expeditors can do for you.