Sign in to follow this  

Any problems with 2010 crf450r?

yeah, your buddies are gonna wanna ride it.

I never rode a 10, but I have an 11 and it is friggin awesome. enjoy.

The front end is too soft. If you're average height/weight/speed, you can go with a .48 kg/mm front spring. If you increase any of those variables, the spring rate will go up. I'm at .52 kg/mm.

The pegs are made for a pw 50. IMS or Lightspeed will get you set up right.

Stock clutch is junk. Search "Judder spring mod" and do that. It will help a lot

You may want to consider an EFI remap. It helped my 2011 a TON, but there were some changes from 2010 to 2011 in that area.

The stock front tire is one of the worst I have ridden, anything is better. I like the Bridgestone 403.

The space between 2nd/3rd is a little long. I closed the gap by going to a 49t rear.

The front end is too soft. If you're average height/weight/speed, you can go with a .48 kg/mm front spring. If you increase any of those variables, the spring rate will go up. I'm at .52 kg/mm.

The pegs are made for a pw 50. IMS or Lightspeed will get you set up right.

Stock clutch is junk. Search "Judder spring mod" and do that. It will help a lot

You may want to consider an EFI remap. It helped my 2011 a TON, but there were some changes from 2010 to 2011 in that area.

The stock front tire is one of the worst I have ridden, anything is better. I like the Bridgestone 403.

The space between 2nd/3rd is a little long. I closed the gap by going to a 49t rear.

He is talking about a 2010, so I dont think he needs to worry about the judder spring, right?

I'm really happy with my bike, I could see some stiffer front fork springs, other than that, I love it, I actually like the stock '11 pegs more than my fastway wide pegs.

He is talking about a 2010, so I dont think he needs to worry about the judder spring, right?

:smashpc:

Correct.

I thought the pegs were pretty small...

I had a 2011. Now I have a new 2010 leftover. I love it! Less restrictive exhaust and cheap. 09-12 is the same bike to us common folk. You wont notice the subtle tweaks and changes if your not a pro. That being said, I did get a FC link (still on the stock susp.) because its so stiff new. Just that made a huge difference in handling. Im 205 lbs so the susp. will clap out after about a month theoretically.

Ride it and enjoy it. Everyone has an opinion. I love mine.

:smashpc:

Correct.

I thought the pegs were pretty small...

I think they are small too, but I kinda like it for some reason. I've only ridden on wide pegs, so it's different and at first I didn't like it, but I kinda do now....lalalala

It probably has more to do with the fact that they are new and sharp, my fastways are spent.

I agree with jleonard, everyone does have an opinion, and some poeple just like to bitch for the sake of it. I'm a C rider, so I don't notice stuff the fast guys notice.