Sign in to follow this  

TE511 The Ultimate Trail Bike !

I've had my 511 for three months now and have gone riding every weekend

since the day I bought it. The fun factor is infinity and I literally daydream

about riding when I'm at work all week.

Add a FMF muffler and JD FI Tuner and it becomes an offroad megabeast.

I've read so many posts from guys saying big-bore DS bikes aren't good for

hardcore singletrack, that you need a 250 or two-smoke. The TE511 has broke

the mold in that regard and, IMO, is ideal for the hardcore woods trails.

Clip from Sunday. The camera,as always, doesn't give a true perspective.

I've had my 511 for three months now and have gone riding every weekend

since the day I bought it. The fun factor is infinity and I literally daydream

about riding when I'm at work all week.

Add a FMF muffler and JD FI Tuner and it becomes an offroad megabeast.

I've read so many posts from guys saying big-bore DS bikes aren't good for

hardcore singletrack, that you need a 250 or two-smoke. The TE511 has broke

the mold in that regard and, IMO, is ideal for the hardcore woods trails.

Clip from Sunday. The camera,as always, doesn't give a true perspective.

totally agree, amazing do it all bike. :smashpc:

Nice, now go try that same trail on a 310 or a 250. I bet you will see the reason people say what they say. You can take a XR650 on single track and like it too.

Glad you love your Husky!

Nice, now go try that same trail on a 310 or a 250. I bet you will see the reason people say what they say. You can take a XR650 on single track and like it too.

Glad you love your Husky!

I also own a newer TC250. His point was...

"I've read so many posts from guys saying big-bore DS bikes aren't good for

hardcore singletrack, that you need a 250 or two-smoke."

And i agree. In fact I perfer my TE511 over my GG250 at one of my favorite local ride areas that is all technical single track. I like the power and hook up.

I LOVE my TC for tight fast single track fun but the 511 will also do all the same trails almost as EZ and almost as fast. Yes the TC is an amazing tight woods bike but the 511 is FAR more versatile. Gobs of great bikes out there these days.

nice!did the 511 boil over?surprised you still have mirrors after that trail. dan

has a fan. Mine almost never comes on.

Hey Dan, yeah the mirror gets whacked around a little but it's still there. The fan

does come on when it needs to but no boil overs.

I've been riding these same mountain trails on my 610 for three + years and before that

on a KLX650 for almost twelve years so the 511, to me, feels like a 250 or 310 in comparison. I'm sure if I did try a 310 on the same trail I would understand what you're

talking about but I love traction and torque and handling of the 511. It has surprised

me on how easy it is to ride on tight trails given the height of it.

I also own a newer TC250. His point was...

"I've read so many posts from guys saying big-bore DS bikes aren't good for

hardcore singletrack, that you need a 250 or two-smoke."

And i agree. In fact I perfer my TE511 over my GG250 at one of my favorite local ride areas that is all technical single track. I like the power and hook up.

I LOVE my TC for tight fast single track fun but the 511 will also do all the same trails almost as EZ and almost as fast. Yes the TC is an amazing tight woods bike but the 511 is FAR more versatile. Gobs of great bikes out there these days.

GG250 is a 2T right? 4T are great for traction when used in the woods. Choice to ride in the woods a 2T or 4T, I choose 4T every time.

Hey Dan, yeah the mirror gets whacked around a little but it's still there. The fan

does come on when it needs to but no boil overs.

I've been riding these same mountain trails on my 610 for three + years and before that

on a KLX650 for almost twelve years so the 511, to me, feels like a 250 or 310 in comparison. I'm sure if I did try a 310 on the same trail I would understand what you're

talking about but I love traction and torque and handling of the 511. It has surprised

me on how easy it is to ride on tight trails given the height of it.

Coming from those heavy sloppy steering bikes, your 511 must feel like a BMX bike.

GG250 is a 2T right? 4T are great for traction when used in the woods. Choice to ride in the woods a 2T or 4T, I choose 4T every time.

GG250 is a 2st, TC250 is a super light 4 st, I also have a KX500, ATK406, TE511, WR144, and others so when i say the 511 is a real good off road bike i have a lot of things to compare it to some of which are far lighter like the 144 and 250. Regardless, the 449/511 is a real good off road bike and a GREAT do it all bike / extreme DS bike. This year i did the Blackdog AMA DS ride and the A coarse on it. 216 miles for one day. This was the PERFECT bike for it, super fun in the tight technical stuff of the A loop where others were struggling and great on the gravel and road sections too. Got 45mph out of her and was comfortable and FUN. GREAT machine.

Coming from those heavy sloppy steering bikes, your 511 must feel like a BMX bike.

Coming from my friends KTM450 it feels like an MX bike.

GG250 is a 2st, TC250 is a super light 4 st, I also have a KX500, ATK406, TE511, WR144, and others so when i say the 511 is a real good off road bike i have a lot of things to compare it to some of which are far lighter like the 144 and 250. Regardless, the 449/511 is a real good off road bike and a GREAT do it all bike / extreme DS bike. This year i did the Blackdog AMA DS ride and the A coarse on it. 216 miles for one day. This was the PERFECT bike for it, super fun in the tight technical stuff of the A loop where others were struggling and great on the gravel and road sections too. Got 45mph out of her and was comfortable and FUN. GREAT machine.

I think you meant 45 MPG. :smashpc:

I think you meant 45 MPG. :smashpc:

Correct. :busted:

I think I got about 90 MPH that day 👍

Correct. 👍

I think I got about 90 MPH that day :smashpc:

What can you see as the difference/improvements for the 2012 TE 449 v. the 2011 TE 449.?

Also wondering if 2011's are still available....I think they were on Hall's site.

What can you see as the difference/improvements for the 2012 TE 449 v. the 2011 TE 449.?

Also wondering if 2011's are still available....I think they were on Hall's site.

Not much, frame color and progressive rear spring. Bills has a small pile of them on the floor.

Not much, frame color and progressive rear spring. Bills has a small pile of them on the floor.

and shorter rear shock travel/length, silver wheels, newer mapping and a couple of other small internal engine updates

and shorter rear shock travel/length, silver wheels, newer mapping and a couple of other small internal engine updates

Bobby, would you see these are fairly minor upgrades or have you ridden both and can make some evaluation.

I'm thinking of getting a new TE310 but I'm intrigued by the CTS and hey, the weight is about the same. 449 a bit better cruiser on the highway too....maybe better mileage...hard to believe but...

Bobby, would you see these are fairly minor upgrades or have you ridden both and can make some evaluation.

I'm thinking of getting a new TE310 but I'm intrigued by the CTS and hey, the weight is about the same. 449 a bit better cruiser on the highway too....maybe better mileage...hard to believe but...

The 310 feels a good bit lighter, the 449/551 is far better for more DS work and your right, gets better mileage.