Where's the Gas coming from?

A few weeks ago I posted that I am trying to get a 94 RM250 to run my problem was that when I turn the gas on it runs out of the exhaust port around the pipe, the needle seat is working fine when I move the floats up it seats fine and stops all flow on the bench. Could I have bad floats? this is not my bike so before I put a new carb kit in I want your alls opinion, problem:

1. gas is flowing (dripping) out the exhaust when turned on.

2. floats are not sticking they move fine on bench and on bike

thanks for any help what is the best place to buy a complete carb kit for this bike.

Well floats get old and leak. Once they have gas in them they can never float to there proper height, hence leaving the seat open and gas coming out the overflow.

Take them out and shake by your ear and listen closely for any liquid.

If your carburetor is overflowing when you turn on the fuel petcock to it there are three things I can think of.

1) the float valve is worn out so even though it moves normally it doesn't seal in the closed position. Check to make sure the needle valve has a nice conical rubber tip and it's not worn.

2) the float doesn't float high enough to close the valve, either from the previously mentioned leaky fluid in the float problem, bent metal connection to the float valve, or something is blocking or causing the float to stick before it moves high enough to shut the fuel off.

3) the O-ring around the float valve seat is shot and gas is leaking around the float valve mechanism even though the valve itself is closed and not leaking. This is the one that happened to me recently and took me a bit to figure out. You have to pull the brass valve seat out of the carburetor body to inspect the o-ring, if it's hardened or it's damaged fuel is probably leaking past it. Replace the o-ring.