Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Why are the VDR lap times so short?

Was just looking at the lap times. Why were the lap times so short? Was the course only 3 miles long rather than 6-7 miles long?

Regards,

Thomas

I was wondering the same thing and looked up some helmet cam footage on youtube and they chopped up the track a fair amount. They are running the two MX tracks in a pretty typical layout but they are not running the full layout in the back.

From my perspective, the course seemed to be a great deal less than 5 mi. Previous courses were 6.5 mi plus and had a lot more twisty, tight sections. At the riders' meeting, Pete gave the reason for the shortened course to be due to inability to keep the longer course watered properly when it was warmer to keep the dust under control. As the weather cools down this fall and winter, I'd anticipate them extending the course.

I actually like the shorter courses and with the smaller rider turn outs, there were still plenty of times I was riding all by myself, so it never seemed overly crowded. When I told a friend that I had completed 15 laps at the last race, he was very impressed! (I didn't bother to tell him the course was much shorter) :smashpc:

We were hoping for the longer course for the next race. We are making the trek over there to race that weekend. Should be fun. Even more fun with the longer course.

Regards,

Thomas

Like others have said, the owner mentioned that it was too difficult to keep the track properly watered. After racing it, I would agree. They were having trouble keeping it moist even with the shorter course. I imagine it will be easier this weekend since the temperatures will be in the low 60s, as opposed to mid 80s.

Hope to see you guys there!

Looks like the weather gurus are now predicting mid 70's for Sunday. I bet short track.

long course or short course this weekend?

i come down and try one of these HS.

Long,Long,LONG!!!!!!:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:👍:worthy::ride: