Macgiver

I'm guessing you mean Macgyver....

1st time out with my buddies new to him 200 EXC the subframe snapped. I had a ratchet strap in my bag for towing, so we strapped the subframe to the frame and rode it the rest of the day, lol.

My cousin crashed and broke his clutch lever and perch.

Electrical tape and zipties to get the perch back to where it would hold after that we took that cheesy screwdriver from the honda tool kit and zip tied and tape it to what was left of the clutch lever.

Got us all the way back to the truck plus a little extra

On a snowmobile i just un-loaded at a cabin for a long weekend of riding. I was just warming it up in the yard by the cabin and launched it a little and my hand slipped and broke the throttle lever. So anyway, with limited tools, and no spares, i ended up taking a metal bug shield mount off my old Ford truck,(the mounting tab from the bug shield to the hood) it was pre-bent almost perfect, so i filed down the sharp corners, drilled a couple holes, and used some pop rivits and a junk rivit gun i almost forgot i had in the bottom of my 'take a long tool kit'. That thing pivoted, and worked so slick, i kept it as a spare when my new one came in.

This was at a track actually. One of the two gas taps broke off my fuel tank on my '74 Triumph 500 during practice at a vintage motocross race. During most of practice, the riders meeting, and the first few motos I was scrambling around searching for a gas tap, or some way to plug the hole. I grabbed a piece of wood, widdled it into a circle as best I could with a pocket knife. Screwed it into the threads with some muscle. Cut the rest off, slapped duct tape all over it. Went out and was as fast that day as I have ever been.

Alex

Member on here ( Ride ) tells the story about getting stranded in the mountains at dark and he and buddy having to walk out in the pitch black night. many sheer drop offs in the area so they pulled a headlight and battery off one bike, and yanked a few wires and fashioned up a "flashlight" to use so they could safely walk out. Nice thinking.

Joe