Sign in to follow this  

mods to get 3rd gear wheel stands

04 s, Removed 14lbs, plus about the same in weight loss since original test ride.The following was done at the same time, 14-46 gearing, 434 bb kit and 12.2cr single gasket, stage 1 intake cam, properly jetted (paper weight) stock s carb. I purchased my z with 3700m,dj jetting,3x3, rs-2 corked. At first it would not power up 2nd gear, after the above mods it transformed into a strong puller in the dirt, roosting 3rd into wheel stands puts a big smile my face. The 39 fcr is next and buy looking at dyno results the fcr with my current mods should yield approx. 3-4 h.p. I know most may not agree but set-up this way the stock carb. has great throttle response even chugging in tight trails, not 1 complaint in the carb. department, but the paper weight will collect dust in the future.

with a rs2 your max hp will be around 43ish hp no madder what you do...it don't flow enuff to support more than that.

When you install an Fcr your performance and throttle response is improve..With that 14-46 gearing and big bore 3rd wheelies shouldn't be an issue...

The RS2 will restrict your top end but your mid range will still be healthy...:smashpc:

Hmm...are you trying to power it up or clutch it up? I used to have to power it up, but could only do it in 1st gear. I added the 3x3 air box and JD jet kit (stock exhaust)...and learned to clutch it up. It lifts up easily in first and second now. Working on 3rd, but can only get it up a few inches.

my first wheelie was unintentional, in 4th, while coming over a small hill. carried it 30-40 feet, but teh smile lasted a long time after.

i didn't clutch it, but the engine was revving nicely, just goosed it a little and it came right up proper.

man that was fun !

:smashpc:

I like the feeling of wheelieing slowly. Maybe it's because I learned balance on BMX. I like popping it just past the balance point at speed, and reeling it in with the back brake and coming down real slow when I'm doing like 5mph. Don't really know exact speed, as my front tire is off the ground....