Sign in to follow this  

Need Help Picking My New Bike.

First Of All Thanks For Helping Me Out I Am New To This Site.

So My Name Is David, I Am about 6,2 In height, And I am About 14 stone.lol.

I am Stuck On Which Bike To Buy. Obviously Use Guys Here Will Know More Than Me So Here Goes.

Bikes I Would Like

Honda Crf-250R

Honda Cr-250

Kawasaki Kx-250f

I Wont be Doing Anything Along The Lines Of competing in Races I Will Only be Having Fun With Friends.

I Have Along The Lines Of £1500 To Spend I Dont Want To Buy One That Is To Old, A Good Reliable Bike, Thanks For Your Help:smirk:

The cr250 is the way to go , if you can turn a wrench the four strokes are nice but expensive in the maitainence dept. , I'm a 2 stroke guy and that wont change so I guess my response is somewhat jaded . A nice 95 - 03 could be had for what your looking to spend , OH I just noticed your not from the US , not sure how your dollar equates to ours but stay with a 2 stroke there just more fun and cheaper to maintain .

thanks alot. see if i was to go with the 4 stroke for example crf250r what would i need to maintain alot, thanks.

I agree with the post above, go with the CR250. If you have to ask what you need to maintain, that means the job is likely over your mechanical capability, no offense. The 250Fs as a group are very high maintenance engines...some brands worse than others. The mid 2000s CRF250's are about as high maintenance as it gets. All racing 250Fs require frequent valve train adjustments to stay within spec. and they dont last as long as the big bore 4 strokes when they are kept in spec. If/when the valve train goes boom, its very expensive to fix...if you are not able to do the labor yourself...it could cost as much as you spent on the bike in some cases. As you can tell...Im not much of a 250F fan. Almost anyone can rebuild a 2 stroke with a good manual.

I agree with the post above, go with the CR250. If you have to ask what you need to maintain, that means the job is likely over your mechanical capability, no offense. The 250Fs as a group are very high maintenance engines...some brands worse than others. The mid 2000s CRF250's are about as high maintenance as it gets. All racing 250Fs require frequent valve train adjustments to stay within spec. and they dont last as long as the big bore 4 strokes when they are kept in spec. If/when the valve train goes boom, its very expensive to fix...if you are not able to do the labor yourself...it could cost as much as you spent on the bike in some cases. As you can tell...Im not much of a 250F fan. Almost anyone can rebuild a 2 stroke with a good manual.

yes i do not have a clue except the small bits so i support your reply thanks now i need to find a 2 stroke 250, any suggestions.

You are on the right track with the CR250. My advise would be to buy the cleanest, best maintained 250 2t you can find for the amount you want to spend.

You are on the right track with the CR250. My advise would be to buy the cleanest, best maintained 250 2t you can find for the amount you want to spend.

okay thanks for the reply what is the 250 2t and what differences does it have to normal 250s.

okay thanks for the reply what is the 250 2t and what differences does it have to normal 250s.

Do some more reading.

Do some more reading.

+1 You should really educate yourself before buying anything. 2t and 4t refer to 2 stroke or 4 stroke. If you dont understand those differences, a new sport may be in order.

i know what 2 stroke 4 stroke is i just didn't know that 2t meant 2 stroke give me a break that's why i am here you guys know more about bikes than me that's why i asked for your advise.