Sign in to follow this  

Brightest Possible Headlight for KLX 250?

Has anybody tried a brighter headlight for their 2006 KLX250?

I have a stock KLX250 "so far :-)" and want to get the brightest possible one, without melting anything "lens, etc."

Thanks!!

Stashu

I saw on kawasakiforums where someone did an HID conversion. I replaced stock with a TrailTech X2, which is great, but there may not be enough room to leave the stock gage cluster, which I replaced with a TrailTech Vapor and also needed to remove the key switch.

Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking of bulb replacement only.

Thanks!

Stashu

I haven't checked, but it's probably a standard halogen. You can probably go up in wattage a bit, bit don't overdo it or you could overload your wiring's capacity.

I haven't checked, but it's probably a standard halogen. You can probably go up in wattage a bit, bit don't overdo it or you could overload your wiring's capacity.

I would hope that a fuse would blow before the wiring, or switch. I've run my X2 with both 35W lamps on for hours with no problems (by setting the stock switch in the "middle" so both low and high beam are on). During this winter's maintenance, I plan to check the stock wiring a little more carefully to ensure adequate capacity, up wire size if needed, install a relay to replace the switch, and add some low-wattage LED driving lights.