Sign in to follow this  

89 NX125 timing issues

i cant find anywhere on the internet how to set the timing on my 125. the flywheel has a line with a T on it which is TDC a line with an F which i have no clue what that means and then theres 2 lines with O's next to them. which one do i line it up with? and the cam has a line that goes across the center of it, im assuming that this line is supposed to be parallel to the gasket surface? im really confused with all this:confused:

I'd expect it to be the same as any other say after 82 Honda.

Line on the Cam parallel with the top gasket/head surface.,,.T on the Datum mark in the bottom of the engine..Cam lobes all pointing sort of down towards the bottom of the engine..That makes it easier to get the tappet cover on when you're done.,You also adjust the Tappet gaps at that point so do them when you've done the Cam etc..

Forgot to say,,Make sure the Piston is at the top of the cylinder when you line up the Tmark etc..Grab a thin bit of stick or a pencil and hold onto it while you put it down the spark plug hole..While doing that rotate the bottom crank bolt around to the T mark being careful not to get your stick/pencil jammed..Piston needs to be at the top of the cylinder ,,Cam lobes down and marks on the sprocket parallel with the top of the head and the T lined up at the same time to do the timing/tappet gaps correctly..

Edited by Horri

Should same as older XL 125 with out that dumb looking front fairing which why the NX didn't sale well in USA :smashpc: looking.

F which i have no clue what

F = Fire