Sign in to follow this  

California Know where I can camp/ride with 45foot rv/22foot trailer?

Hi, I am looking for places that I can camp/ride for days or weeks at a time.

We have a 45 foot RV and will be towing a 22 foot trailer. Anyone know where we can find room to accommodate that long of a setup? And that will have enough clearance on the road tree wise so the top is not whacked off? We are about 14 feet tall. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nevermind... just noticed this was a Northern Ca post.

Edited by s10rick
Not southern Ca

I am looking for all over the US, we are planning to take a year to ride. Any info ANYWHERE would be great. It forced me to put in an area, I guess I will have to post it in all areas to get info.

I am looking for all over the US, we are planning to take a year to ride. Any info ANYWHERE would be great. It forced me to put in an area, I guess I will have to post it in all areas to get info.

I can see you are living up to the name; you just dont give a **** where :smashpc:

I think you can get through the road to stonyford and I know you will fit at Davis Flat. Trees won't be a problem and the road is pretty good but it has a few tightish turns. See long rigs with trailers all the time but I don't know exact lenghts of the guy's in there. You also might make the lower camp ground Middle Creek. Sorry I don't have for sure answers but I have a truck and 24' so it is easy for me. Good Luck and have fun.

I have friends with rigs that size that are out in Spangler Hills, Near Ridgecrest CA. often enough and it's a great place to ride this time of year.

You might look into Moab Utah as well.

Heck, I've even seen rigs your size in places like Hungry Valley OHV Park.

we go to stonyford at fouts for weeks at a time in the winter, its one of my favorite long term camping areas, i would go in through willows thats off of I 5, it an easer road for big rigs, they do not have water any more so fill up at the RV dump at willows safety rest stop.

keep us posted on your trip, may be you might meet up with some of us, iv meet allot of great riders on TT and never have been disappointed:ride:

I can see you are living up to the name; you just dont give a **** where :smashpc:

haha.. you beat me to it. 👍

Depending how technical of riding you want, Maybe look into California City, I always like

the fact you can find an empty paved cuddy sack and park a large rig litrally without

leaving the pavement. I now reside near after visiting the area for the better part of 40

years, and can now ride right from my gate.

There is a small reasonable fee, but I think you would find it well worth it

as many others have. :smashpc:

Wayne

Moonrocks, North of Reno. Plenty of room and riding for days.

Shasta Chappi, Redding. Paved CG and plenty of trails and roads for a week or so.

Foresthill could fit your rig, but it only affords a day or two of riding. If you are dual sported it opens up 100s of miles of high sierra road riding.

Most the NorCal organized parks can be ridden in a day or two, but linking up roads and destinations could entertain for a week or more.