Sign in to follow this  

Trouble finding the brakes

12 Berg TE 300 - 6'3 Size 12 Feet

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me, I have a terrible time finding the rear brake on my bike while in the standing position. I feel like I have to get my self way out of my riding position to find it. It feels like the brake is too low and I have to tilt my foot way to the front to find it. I have tried adjusting the height of the lever but doesnt seem to make much difference. Sitting down the brake lever feels perfect.

I ride with my boots on the pegs right in front of my raised heel, is this the correct position or do I need to change where I put my feet. Any suggestions would be hel,pful.

I have A similar problem...the rear brake pedal seems too close to the case and I have to angle my foot inwards a bit too much to get to it.

I'll be interested in other folks responses...

This has been a common complaint for KTM's for years. Some adapt and some never do. I wear size 12's also and never got comfortable with it.

I always adjust the brake lever for standing position and I ride on the balls of my feet, not the arch. When I am seated the lever is way too high but I pretty much only sit in corners and use the rear brake to help steer, otherwise I am pretty much always standing.

Sound like it is too low if you can reach it good seated. I have never been able ot make it work well for both positions.