Sign in to follow this  

SHOEI VFX-W Vs. FOX v3 carbon

I know you guys are going to think I'm crazy, but....I currently have the SHOEI VFX-w (K-Dub). The thing feels super big (bobble head big), and for whatever reason my goggles (scott hustle's) don't fit very well in them. I'm also not too hot on the colors Shoei offers for there top of the line helmet. Maybe my head just doesn't fit well in that helmet...

I recently bought some FOX 360 gear and love it. I was thinking about E-baying my Shoei and getting a FOX v3 carbon. Anyone have any experience with this helmet, good/ bad or indifferent?

How did you wind up with a bobble head sized shoei?

The fox v3 carbon is one of my fav's ,great all around helmet light and well vented, but still carries the snell05 rating. Your huge shoei is a snell2010 lid.

As of now, I've got a Fox V3. But that's only because I got it on closeout for $200 and it was the only helmet that would fit my head correctly besides the Shoei. My next helmet will most certainly be a Shoei though. I've heard that the Fox's begin to fall apart after about a year.

But perhaps you've got the wrong size? The best way to fit a helmet is to take out the cheek pads and make sure the shell fits correctly. What size is the Shoei and what have you worn in other helmets? I have a fairly large head and wear a large in most helmets, including Shoei. The Shoei in a large fits my head spot on. But as my Fox has worn it, it seems to be getting too big in a large, maybe I should have gone a Medium.

Is it because you bought it online and couldn't try it on first? good move. The Shoei is a much better helmet.

As of now, I've got a Fox V3. But that's only because I got it on closeout for $200 and it was the only helmet that would fit my head correctly besides the Shoei. My next helmet will most certainly be a Shoei though. I've heard that the Fox's begin to fall apart after about a year.

But perhaps you've got the wrong size? The best way to fit a helmet is to take out the cheek pads and make sure the shell fits correctly. What size is the Shoei and what have you worn in other helmets? I have a fairly large head and wear a large in most helmets, including Shoei. The Shoei in a large fits my head spot on. But as my Fox has worn it, it seems to be getting too big in a large, maybe I should have gone a Medium.

Yup, my V3 lasted exactly one season. It's just built much cheaper in China vs Japan. I liked the V3 but it just does not last it is truly a $200 helmet.